Stevens Junior Model 11

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Layton, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Layton

Layton New Member

I have a Stevens Juhior Model 11. I do not have the owners manual, so do not know how to work the action. Since this was just given to me I want to make sure it is !). Unloaded 2) Ensure it is in good working order. The person who gave it to me doesn't kow how to work it either, they just found it in their house.

Does anyone know how to work the action on this particular rifle? Thanks for any assistance.

Layton Pennington
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

The books says that's a rolling block action. If so, it should look similar to this.
    [​IMG]

Kinda looks like it has two hammers. The one in the back is the actual hammer. The front one is what holds the action closed. You cock the hammer, and then pull the front lever back. The breech-block rolls backward, exposing the chamber. The thumb-piece on this gun has been broken off, and a new piece is in the process of being welded on. That's why this one looks so strange.

[​IMG]
  3. Layton

Layton New Member

Thanks, I thought the same thing. I cocked it, keeping my thumb on that hammer to stop it from going forward should something happen, tried bringing the breech block back with the lever, (or kinda down) but it is still locked. There is no other safety that I can see that would keep it locked. I'll keep trying. Anybody have any other suggestions? Should be simple enough I do not need ot take it to a gunsmith.

Layton
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Did you pull the hammer all the way back? All rollers that I've messed with have a half-cock. If the hammer is at half-cock the block is still locked. You must pull the hammer back to full-cock to unlock it.