The Firearms Forum banner

Stevens M-94B tech question

885 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Fatstrat 
#1 ·
So I picked up a junker M-94B (actually store branded Eastern Arms 101.1) 12 ga. single shot.
In looking at it, it doesn't appear too bad. The hammer spur is broken off and the thumb release was bent preventing operation. And someone had apparently tried to disassemble it and given up. Leaving the mainspring in wrong position. So I fixed what I could and have the receiver in seemingly operable condition. Replacement hammer on the way.
Problem is that the barrel will not close on the action. It will go almost closed, but not all the way. I'm thinking that the ejector is getting in the way. It is loose and will spin all way around. But doesn't come out. Also will not lock in closed position when depressed. Anyone ever experience this? Helpful hints? Parts ARE available reasonably cheap.
I know it's likely not worth the effort, but I like a project. Thanks.

#3 ·
I am no gunsmith, but I have tinkered with a few old Stevens single barrels. When you say the action won't close, is it binding before close or is it just loose? I am asking, because I have seen both things happen on these old singles. Most of them get loose with age. Binding comes from other problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.