stevens made by savage arms mod 940e

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by fishguts, Oct 18, 2010.

1. fishguts

fishguts Member

i just picked this gun up in a deal. its got the big long barrel with the 2 beads. stevens made by savage arms mod 940e. is this the long tom ive herd of? this thing is near mint, any ball park figures on value? thank for any help.:)
  2. RJay

RJay Active Member

Yes and No, Long Tom was a brand name used By Sears and Roebuck on a single barrel shotgun, The name Long Tom was roll marked on the barrel. Those are the true Long Toms. However I belive the Sears guns were made by Stevens.
  3. fishguts

fishguts Member

thanks rjay, any value on a flagpole like this in mint shape?
  4. fishguts

fishguts Member

guess it aint worth nothing, tahks anyway.
  5. RJay

RJay Active Member

:) It's hard to put a value on a single barrel nowadays, You can buy a new single barrel made in Sojth America for a hundred at Wal Mart, but the old Stevens is much better quality. If in really good shape I would guess a 100 to 125. I used an old Long Tom when I was a kid. Dam* thing was almost as tall as I was.
  6. fishguts

fishguts Member

i was thinking about 00 buck in it for coyote. thanks for the estimate, i was just wondering that maybe that long barrel would make it collectable at all.
  7. sshinn

sshinn New Member

I would be interested in purchasing this rifle if it was for sale
  8. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

The 940e can be bought for under $100 in very good condition.I can not say what yours is worth with out pics.
    Mike
  9. sshinn

sshinn New Member

If anyone knows where a 940E 22 cal.(belknap Hdwe. essex) is located I would pay top dollar. My dad was given one of these when he was very young and at one point lost the bolt. I would purchase a whole gun just to have the bolt. any leads are much appreciated

Scott
  10. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Hi, sshin,

The Stevens 940 is a single barrel shotgun, not a .22 rifle, so I don't think you want to make an offer for it. My cross reference lists don't show a Belknap 940, so I can't say what it was called by the manufacturer.

Perhaps if you post some good pictures, we might be able to find the maker and model number.

Jim
  11. sshinn

sshinn New Member

Sorry, I was told by a gun smith that the Belknap Essex 22 cal bolt action cross referenced a B63E Stevens or a 940E Savage. there is a bolt in the pic of the weapon, but it is the wrong one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. sshinn

sshinn New Member