Stevens Model 15-B

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by VonVega, Jul 19, 2010.

1. VonVega

VonVega New Member

In preparation to head out to a Project Appleseed shoot, I pulled out the Stevens Model 15-B that my father passed down to me and trotted to to the local range. To my dismay, however, it doesn't fire. It cocks and fires but no mark on the cartridge. I took the bolt out and it looked to me like a few parts were missing, obviously at least the firing pin. I purchased a firing pin from Numrich and once it got here, I realized I have no idea how to take the bolt apart to install it. And finally to my question: Does anyone on this forum have a schematic or something similar that shows how to pull the bolt apart & put it back together?

Thanks in advance!
  2. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

It's big brother is the Stevens .410 shotgun ;)

Bob's has the FP & a few other parts...
    http://www.gun-parts.com/savagerifle/

Schematic
    [​IMG]

Numrich parts list, BUT...you can't get an FP without a C&R license or other FFL.
    http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=4406

Hope all that helps :)
  3. VonVega

VonVega New Member

Thanks Big Shrek, I saw that schematic on the parts page when I bought the firing pin. I was hoping for one that showed a bit more detail on how the bolt comes apart and goes back together. I can pull the bolt out without removing the barrel. But I have no idea how to get into it, say if I needed to change out the mainspring

I also might be mistaking the firing pin for the striker. Any idea which piece actually hits the cartridge?
  4. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

I've got a Buddy on another site who owns one of these...I've sent him an IM asking him for details & hopefully some pics of how the bolt breaks down :).

------------

He says all ya gotta do is simply drive the pin out of the bolt, and the FP drops right out. :)

Maybe a little WD-40, because you never know how gunky it is up there...those pins often need a little help.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  5. VonVega

VonVega New Member

Huh, ok I'll give it a shot. Thanks a ton for the info, I'll give it a shot tonight and see what I get.