Stevens Model 335

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Mar 2, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Gearjammin1096
    (12/6/02 8:12:14 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Double Barrel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a J. Stevens Arms & Tool Company, Chicopee Falls, MASS. USA, Patented March 19, 1907, 12 guage double barrel. I cannot find a serial number anywhere. Two triggers. No hammers. On the bottom, it says either Model 885 or 335 - I think it's 335. Has a thumb safety and nice checkered buttstock and forend.

Under this "tool Company" name, it's my understanding that the company started in 1886, and changed its name in 1916. Therefore, was it made between the patent date of 1907 and the name change in 1916?

Value?

I shoot clay pigeons with this shotgun, and its lost most of its bluing color...it loks like a typical worn metal finish, some minor pitting. Any history or value would be appreciated.

tuckerd1
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/6/02 9:16:39 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Double Barrel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome to TFF Gearjammin! Some of our shotgun experts are either pheasant hunting or working too hard. Be patient and someone with more knowledge than me will speak up soon.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/6/02 9:49:42 am)
    That would be a Model 335.....Top lever, break-open, hammerless, double trigger, SxS double barrel....made in 26, 28, 30, & 32" barrels, full and modified chokes, in 12 and 16 gauge.

Made from around 1912 to 1930.

My book is real old, so it's values are out-of-date.

Keep checking back.....one of our shotgun experts shoud come staggering in before long.

In the meantime, welcome to our group of crazies.......check out our forums and have some fun!

Gearjammin1096
    (12/6/02 2:22:03 pm)
    Thanks to both. I'm definately hooked on the forum and enjoy fireaems in general. I have about 18 and counting...what a hobby!
  2. rich stewart

rich stewart New Member

Is it safe to assume that since nobody answered this from 2003 that nobody knows what the gun is worth? I just came into one. My Aunt asked me if I wnated it. Belonged to my grandfather. Anybody have any ideas. I am not going to sell it. Family heirloom and all that, but I would be interested in knowing.

Thanks,

Rich
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

The 2007 Standard Catalog of Firearms lists it as: Poor - 200 dollars, up to Excellent - 450 dollars.