Stevens Model 9478 410 GA

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by fatfinger, Oct 30, 2009.

1. fatfinger

fatfinger New Member

I am looking for a price and history on a Stevens Shotgun, Model 9478, 410 GA, Single action, trigger guard break down, 26" barrel, S/N E251943. It is in good condition.

Thanks,
    Danny
  2. Contenderizer

Contenderizer New Member

Welcome to TFF Danny,

Stevens Model 9478 "Super Value." Produced 1979-1986, available in 10,12 and 20 gauge as well as 410 bore. Also available with 28, 30 and 36 inch barrels. Single shot, exposed hammer and bottom action opening button. In perfect condition - $100 to $125. I would error on the high side given that it is a 410.
  3. pghsteve

pghsteve New Member

I have this same gun, but mine is not in such great condition. It was my first gun as an 8 year old, and now i'd like to fix it up to give to my 8 year old nephew. I'm wondering if i can get any replacement parts. I'm going to refinish the stock and forearm. The piece I'm missing for it is the push button (plastic) that connects into the front of the trigger guard that breaks it down. Does anyone have any idea if I can buy a replacement piece for that?
    Thanks!
  4. jamesjo

jamesjo New Member

pghsteve,
    Numrich shows this part as available.
    Part key # 30
    Product # 474140A
    $ 10. 55
    Here is a link to the schematic for your shotgun.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=5608

When you get the schematic showing, the part you need is on page 6.

I would call them, rather than order online.
    They have always been very helpful to me, and it's nice to know you are ordering the right parts.
    Have your serial # handy when you call, in case there were possibly some changes in the part over its production life.
    Good luck!
    Jim
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  5. pghsteve

pghsteve New Member

Thanks so much! I'm new to this site, but this in incredible to have access to people so helpful, so easily. I truly appreciate it.
  6. jamesjo

jamesjo New Member

Hope you get it up and running!
    Jim