The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevens Savage Arms Model 87A w/ Savage scope

7K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  gdmoody 
#1 ·
Hello All, Here's another rifle left from my Aunt. It's a Stevens Savage Arms Model 87A .22 short, long or long rifle. Long Rifle only as automatic. w/ a mounted Savage 4x scope
2034577 patents 222458
2223093 RE22585 2271576

Does anyone know how to date it? And what it may be worth?
I'm hoping to compile the list of firearms she left and hopefully try and trade them for something else that I'd want. Many Thanks. Gun Rifle Firearm Trigger Shotgun
Shotgun Wood Air gun Metal
Gun Rifle Firearm Shotgun Trigger

See less See more
#4 ·
I have one just like it made before they were required to have serial #'s. Some folks call them "gill guns". You can push the charging handle in for shorts and longs, or pull it out for long rifles and shoot it semi.
Mine is worth somewhere around a million dollars because it belonged to my Dad before he passed away. If I remember correctly he said he bought it in the late 40's or early 50's.

#5 ·
I have one just like it made before they were required to have serial #'s. Some folks call them "gill guns". You can push the charging handle in for shorts and longs, or pull it out for long rifles and shoot it semi.
Mine is worth somewhere around a million dollars because it belonged to my Dad before he passed away. If I remember correctly he said he bought it in the late 40's or early 50's.
Very cool.

#6 ·
This is pretty common gun. It was made for lots of places like Sears, monkey wards, Western auto and so on. It had allot of numbers to it like 6,76,87,187,188,80,90,88 and so on.
When it was made would be hard to find out. It started in 1938 and they made it intill sometime in the 80s.
Value starting at $50 in 60% condition up to $150+- at 100%.
But as was said by bamajoey they are worth much more to the owners due to the fact that they are good shooters.
Mike

#7 ·
My dad just recently passed and going thru things found a gun w identical

Just found identical gun in my dads things, he passed in december. Not wanting to get rid of it just curious any cool info and worth. I feel like probably 1 of his first guns as a kid. He was born in 1942... and another gun is a 20-GA... Savage 24 Series P? Anything about that one?

#8 ·
Welcome to TFF, sorry for your loss, but this thread is over seven years old, please start a new thread for each gun with lots of pictures taken in natural daylight and you will get plenty of answers. Please help us help you, first click on and read this post, it will explain what is needed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.