STEVENS VISABLE LOADER 22 PUMP RIFLE

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by thunderace, Feb 25, 2010.

1. thunderace

thunderace New Member

HI, I HAVE A STEVENS VISABLE LOADER 22 PUMP ACTION 22 RIFLE.IT WAS MADE BEFORE 1930.THE RIFLE SHOOTS FINE ALTHOUGH IT IS PICKY ON WHAT BRAND OF AMMO YOU GIVE IT.I WILL ONLY FIRE STANDARD VELOCITY AMMO IN IT .MY QUESTION IS THE PUMP LINKAGE IS A LITTLE LOOSE WHERE IT LOCKS UNDER BARREL BY RECIEVER.SO IF YOU WERE TO PUMP THE ACTION BACK AND CLOSE IT IN THE FIRING MODE AND TILT THE RIFLE UPWARD WITHOUT HOLDING PUMP THE PUMP HANDLE AND LINKAGE WILL MOVE BACK SOMEWHAT.WHAT IS THE BEST REMEDY FOR TIGHTNING THIS UP SO IT DOESNT MOVE BACK?ALSO THERE IS A COLLAR ON THREADS THAT LOOKS LIKE A ADJUSMENT IN FRONT OF RECIEVER THAT MAY BE USED FOR A ACTION TRAVEL LENGTH WHEN PUMPING IT BACK.CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY ANSWERS ON THESE THINGS? RICK
  2. railroadman

railroadman New Member

I just got a call that my brother has a .22 stevens good luck for parts some with GUNPARTS INC do you still have yours ??????????????
  3. Conman

Conman Member

railroadman, thunderace was here last in Feb of 2011.

You can click on his name and then click on send an email to him. Otherwise no chance of him wandering by here.