Stevens "Visible Loader"

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by w1spurgeon, Feb 27, 2008.

1. w1spurgeon

w1spurgeon Member

Does anyone have a disassembly procedure for the Stevens Model 70 "Visible Loader"? My usual procedure - keep taking screws out until the inerds fall out - doesn't seem to work with this gun.
  2. Mainspring

Mainspring Member

I have never seen a disassembly procedure but I can tell you from experience to be careful when unscrewing the Locking Cam Sleeve from the Breech Block to mark the exact position it was located. If it is not at the same spot the Locking cam will jam when trying to cock the rifle. I have dissembled about four of them and that was the only problem I ever had when trying to reassemble the rifle. I recommend removing the stock first and then the mainspring first before removing any of the side screws on the receiver. Make sure you are wearing safety goggles when removing the spring. Something else I also found out the hard way. I found it helpful to take digital pictures during the disassembly process. They come in very handy if you let the piece set for a while or start working on another. I also recommend looking on line for a schematic of the rifle before starting. Let me know if you run into any problems, I probably still have some of my pictures that I took. Good luck and have fun.