Steyr Mannlicher 8x68s

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Mannlicher, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Mannlicher

Mannlicher New Member

I have a rare Steyr Mannlicher 8x68s. Steyr Mannlicher Model S .8x68s Mag, 23 1/2" barrel, express sights, double set triggers, detachable magazine, scope bases. This rifle is in 95% condtion.
    Wondering what its worth. Have cases and all reloading dies. Great rifle for hunting the big game of Africa and Alaska.

Attached Files:

2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Mannlicher......and welcome to TFF.

Beautiful rifle! Your Model S was discontinued in 1996. The 8x68s caliber was only made in the Luxus S model and the last list price was $3,250.

In 95% condition, the BlueBook lists it at $1,475.

Hope you'll stick around and enjoy all of our Forums.
  3. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Hi Mannlicher!...If I had that rifle in that caliber i'd have to put some glass on it, to do any good with it...(sheety eyes)...Nice Rifle!...[​IMG]
  4. Mannlicher

Mannlicher New Member

I was amazed how accurate it was open sights!!! Flat Shooting Too. Got the set trigger set to 1 lb. (i think)?
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2003
  5. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Mann...If ya get a chance to post up some Pic's of target results from "The Beast"...Post 'em up!...I'd like to see them...Thanks!...;)