The Firearms Forum banner

Steyr Pistol 25-32 cal 1911-1950's Germany

Tags
4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Contenderizer 
#1 ·
I am helping senior citizens get values for their handguns rifles and shotguns that they inherited.

One of them is a Steyr Pistol with German wording.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Jean....a sharper picture would help a lot. It's hard to guess the value when we can't really make out the condition of the pistol.

What you have appears to be a Steyr Model 1908 Pocket Pistol. These were made in both 6.35mm (.25ACP) and 7.65mm (.32ACP). It should be marked on the gun. From the barrel length, I'd guess it's a 6.35.

Blue Book value (% = amount of original finish left)

98% - $300
95% - $250
90% - $200
80% - $175
70% - $150
60% - $130

If it's a 7.65, add 10%.

We'd very much like to help you with your worthy project, but we'll need:

First, we'll need all of the writing on, exactly as it's written, and the serial number (if any).

Second....Can you post some pictures of it? Sharp, clear, well lit, pictures, full length, both left and right sides. Also clear, sharp, closeups of any numbers, markings, engraving, or unusual features. This will help us determine what you've got, and it's approximate condition and value.

#4 ·
Hi Jean....a sharper picture would help a lot. It's hard to guess the value when we can't really make out the condition of the pistol.

What you have appears to be a Steyr Model 1908 Pocket Pistol. These were made in both 6.35mm (.25ACP) and 7.65mm (.32ACP). It should be marked on the gun. From the barrel length, I'd guess it's a 6.35.

Blue Book value (% = amount of original finish left)

98% - $300
95% - $250
90% - $200
80% - $175
70% - $150
60% - $130

If it's a 7.65, add 10%.

We'd very much like to help you with your worthy project, but we'll need:

First, we'll need all of the writing on, exactly as it's written, and the serial number (if any).

Second....Can you post some pictures of it? Sharp, clear, well lit, pictures, full length, both left and right sides. Also clear, sharp, closeups of any numbers, markings, engraving, or unusual features. This will help us determine what you've got, and it's approximate condition and value.

#5 ·
from my notes until I can get to their house next week and take pictures with my camera. Oesler Waffenfabriks-DES straight up over the emblem on grip a number 19 was on the front part of the upper barrel serial 64373-A

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.