1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Steyr SBS Prohunter vs Tikka T3 Lite

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Fishwater10, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Fishwater10

Fishwater10 New Member

I am looking to purchase a new rifle in a .270. I have looked at the Tikka T3, the Remington 700 and the Steyr SBS Prohunter. I have talked to people who I know who hunt and have had differing opinions expressed about each gun. I have been to a few outdoor stores that have each suggested what they carry, of course. One guy told me that the Steyr will outperform the Tikka and the Remington 700. They are all within about $100 of each other. Actually I think the Steyr is on sale for less than the other two. All claim they shoot great out of the box, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions to help me decide? Thanks for your help.
  2. Roostershooter

Roostershooter New Member

I have a Tikka T3 in a 25-06 and an older Tikka in a 22-250 and both those guns are tack drivers. I like them immensely. You will not look back if you decide on the Tikka. The T3 is great to carry in the field. I sold my old Sako .270 to buy the 25-06 T3 and have not regretted it one bit.