Steyr Scout Rifles

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (12/5/01 6:54:59 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    Steyr Scout Rifles
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do people see in these things, anyway... Got in a couple of Scout Tacticals and Jeff Cooper packages a couple of weeks back. Figured I be in them a little while because of the ticket ($1500 plus).

Nope. Gone. Even the .376 caliber.

They are ugly, the barrel looks funny and the buttstock looks just plain wierd. Sure does shoulder well, though. The action's pretty smooth. Trigger is amazing...

Still.
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

warpig883
    (12/5/01 9:26:08 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Steyr Scout Rifles
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    They look like plain old fun to me. I would like to have one.
    Kind of like the Savage combo over under rifle/shotgun. i don't have a use for one but think they are cool and would love to have one. Savage has been making these for years so there is obviously a market for this oddball stuff. And to think we cannot get an American manufacturer to make a SxS shotgun
    Know what?

AntiqueDr
    (12/5/01 9:30:11 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Steyr Scout Rifles
    Ruger's been yapping about one. I expect to see them in Vegas.

www.apaxenterprises.com

LIKTOSHOOT
    (12/5/01 9:42:21 pm)
    Much like Honda car imports......supply and demand marketing and advertising....Not hard to figure and they are good, but there`s other too in that range. Ruger will clean clocks with a SxS......if they`d get some FREAKIN WOOD!!! I`ll still get one though. LTS
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

AntiqueDr
    (12/5/01 9:44:39 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Steyr Scout Rifles
    Ruger's have always had Home Depot wood. Every now and then you'll find a #1 or a Red Label with figure on one side of the stock, but that's about it.

www.apaxenterprises.com

LIKTOSHOOT
    (12/5/01 10:57:38 pm)
    .416`s and 48 Safari`s gots good wood, least it used to. I have a bad...... VERY BAD festish growing day by day and it is becoming a obsession. DOUBLE RIFLES Gonna go broke fast, but can`t break the fever......God help me!

America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......