Steyr-Solothurn

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Solothurn, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Solothurn

Solothurn New Member

Hello,

I'm new here, signed up just now, for the following reason:

I have been searching the net all over for information on a hunting rifle I jrecently got as a gift.

Steyr-Solothurn .300 WM. I am familiar with Steyr-Mannlicher hunting rifles, but not under the Steyr Solothurn name. The only weapons to my knowledge by Steyr-Solothurn were all military, which were their sub-machine guns, and some or other anti-aircraft gun.

I had the rifle examined by someone and he told me that it is a Mauser K98, and said it might have been a Sniper Rifle? The stock is not original, but the barrel, bolt and new stock is in mint condition.

Could anyone tell me more or less when and where this rifle was made?
    Does it has any historical/ money value?
    How does it compare in quality to other Mausers?

I have emailed the Steyr-Mannlicher company on 2 occasions with similar questions without any response.

Any information on here or emailed to me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Daniel
    p.s. I would be happy to provide more pics.

Attached Files:

2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

3. Solothurn

Solothurn New Member

thnx a lot Xracer...
    your link helped alot. ;) I would love to see this rifle in its original form.

If any one knows where I can find original stocks pls let me know.
  4. sck

sck Member

Because your rifle has already been drilled and tapped for a scope, even if you can find all the parts to return it to original, I suspect the cost will far exceed the cost of purchasing another Columbian Mauser in original condition. Consider finding an original and then you can compare (ie fondle) them side by side. Best of luck and good shooting -- Steve