STI Spartan 9mm

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Shooter45, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I got a really good price from DoubleD here on the forum. Give him a call.
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Really good to hear your review of the Spartan, Shooter! And all sounds well and very good...:) Ive read about everything I could on the 1911's, both here and every where else I could find to read and I'm sold, that this will be my first 1911. Not a matter of if, but when!
    Congrat's on your STI 9mm Spartan!:)
  3. dbltap

dbltap New Member

What ammo do you run; factory or reloads? I just bought my Spartan today.

Thanks
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

bein a match shooter, id suspect shooter runs a mix if his most trusted factory brands as well as handloads...
  5. mxracer07

mxracer07 New Member

i would like to see some pics of it with the new magwell on it if you get a chance
  6. Shooter45

Here is a pic with the magwell installed. I'm still liking this 1911 but have yet to do a range report. I still haven't adjusted the rear sight but it's coming. My health is improving and I'm healing up so maybe it won't be much longer. sorry for the delay. I still need to install an arched mainspring housing but after going thru my parts bin, I don't have one.

Attached Files:

7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

very nice Sam. I just barely got the range report for my Savage build up on the forum a couple days ago. Been busy.

Glad youre on the mend!
  8. ivarr

ivarr New Member

STI's have been attracting my attention quite a bit lately.
    thanks for the report
  9. Shooter45

Ivarr, you can't go wrong with the Spartan. Match ready for just over $600. I have won 4 matches with this one and all I did was remove it from the box and clean it. I haven't even adjusted the rear sight yet. I may do a trigger job one day as this one is about 4 1/2 lb as compared to 3 lb or less on my other pistols.
    The STI Spartan is the best bang for the buck in todays 1911 market.
  10. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I just happen to have a new one in stock if anyone is interested. I promise to beat buds price. Send me a pm if interested.
  11. freedom7

freedom7 New Member

Hello,
    I bought my new STI Spartan from Double D.

Double D, I commend you on your excellent customer service, and fast turn around time, and especially your pricing. I searched the internet for weeks looking for this and calling all over the country trying to get one.
    I stumbled upon this thread and contacted Double D. He replied quickly and by the next day I had my new Spartan.

Regarding the Spartan 9mm, great shooter, accurate, economical, truly a great entry level competition 1911 out of the box. I did have some feed problems with one of my wilson high cap mags, but think this will work itself out with proper break in.

again thank you Double D!
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Welcome to TFF Freedom7. DD is a good guy, one of the best the forum has to offer IMO..
  13. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Active Member

Where is the Spartan made?
  14. Shooter45

15. Double D

Thanks freedom, the same goes for you as a customer. A pleasure to deal with. I am in the process of trying to restock the spartan as we speak. My supplier is out and the factory is 8 weeks out so I will post when I get more in case anyone is interested. I thought I might mention that the spartan ships with only ONE magazine. If you see it advertised with 2, they have added a magazine. Thanks
  16. Double D

I am going to have to get my cape out of the cleaners to be able to live up to all this kind of talk! Thanks....
  17. Shooter45

Freedom, The metalform mag that comes with the Spartan is an excellent mag. Order a few more from www.brownells.com Much less $$ than the Wilson mags.
  18. Shooter45

I fired another 100 rounds today and the more I shoot this pistol, the more I like it. I have 1911's costing over three times as much as this one and the STI Spartan is a keeper.

BTW, the Silver Bullet Gun Oil is still where I put it after the first cleaning out of the box. I have only run a BoreSnake down the barrel ONE time and it's still clean.

At this time the Spartan is still more accurate than I am but my health is improving. Once I'm back on my game I'll see if that changes. I like a challange and the STI Spartan will be a good one. This pistol is very accurate. :)
  19. PanhandlePop

PanhandlePop Member

Glad you are happy with the Spartan, Shooter. I picked up one in 45 early this year and it has been excellent. I had some early issues with reloads (OAL & crimp with 200 JFP) but that has been taken care of. I liked this gun so much that I recently picked up a STI Ranger II which I am also extremely happy with. I think it must be pretty hard to fault STI's products.
  20. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Indeed. And im damn proud they are made here in my home state of Texas..