The Firearms Forum banner

STI Spartan 9mm

45K views 208 replies 32 participants last post by  Double D 
#1 ·
The pistol came in today and I'm very impressed. Packed in a foam lined plastic case with owners manual and one stainless mag. More about that later. :) All I have heard about this pistol is true, except for a few things that I'll cover over the next couple of days.

After stripping the pistol and giving it a good cleaning, I can see the work that went into it. All parts are FITTED correctly with no flaws anywhere. I then reassembled with a light oiling using SBGO. The frame and slide are tightly fitted and moves smoothly.

What would I change ? Maybe replace the mainspring housing. I prefer an arched housing. And the grips. just because I can. The supplied grips are Phillipine Mahogany and nicely checkered in the double diamond pattern. And I'll probably wrap a strip of skate board tape across the front strap for a non skid grip.

I did fire the pistol today a total for 50 rounds with ZERO malfunctions. Nothing for group size as I was shooting at a 12" steel plate at fifty yards. I did have a couple of misses but the sight was set at the factory setting and not disturbed. I'll dial it in later. All I wanted to do was get some break in time and check for function.

I'll post a couple of pictures and write more later. :)

Attachments

See less See more
#102 ·
Shooter.. gotta ask you this what is SBGO stuff? and where you get it.. I would like to have some to keep my springfeild compact well lubed...I nearly got stucked up when putting back back together.. a pal helped me to get it right. told me make sure it lube the slide real good.

#103 ·
SBGO is the single best damn weapons system lubricant ever devised.. And you can buy it thru woodnuts storefront here on TFF..

#104 ·
Shooter.. gotta ask you this what is SBGO stuff? and where you get it.. I would like to have some to keep my springfeild compact well lubed...I nearly got stucked up when putting back back together.. a pal helped me to get it right. told me make sure it lube the slide real good.
cwgrips.com has it on their storefront.

#107 ·
is the spartan Sam got a 5" barrel?
Yes it is beth. The standard size is 5" and then 4.25 for the commander and 3" for the compacts. They dont make a 3" spartty though.

#110 ·
A lot of Winchester white box, Blazer and anything else I can find. It seems to shoot the heavier 147 gr bullets more accurate but the 115 gr also hold a decent group.

The pistol works well with any ammo I put in the mag with no malfunctions.

#114 ·
Sweet Beth! Im very happy for you. I for real just smiled real big and laughed out loud. I know you will LOVE that iron! But first things first... Pictures please! ;) :thumbsup:

#125 ·
no i don't actually 20 years i got the beretta went to the range with 4 other guys to get certificate no one wanted to be the first to shoot i said i would at the last second before i shot i moved my hand the action came back and hit my thumb and the blood was dripping the gun shop guy freaked a little i guess he thought i would freak i said give me a bandaid i am fine the other guys left they would not shoot after that still have the scar for my first time shoot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.