Sticker shock

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by army mp, Feb 11, 2010.

1. army mp

army mp Member

I just got the new Mid-way Master catalog. And it looks like anything to do with Reloading has gone up 20 percent. In the new Catalog.
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

supply and demand. They were sold out of a lot of their stuff. You couldn't get a press from them for a while so they are making up for it. I know their cost went up on a lot of that stuff too. Also suppliers like to ship to their paying customers, midway (from what I've heard) has been taking the walmart approach (net 90) that hurts the smaller companies that have material cost. They would rather ship to the payers than the long term IOU's. Try Grafs, they have been consistent but a little more than midway in the past. Now I think they may be cheaper.
  3. army mp

army mp Member

I do most of my on-line buying from Mid-south. Good price and fast shipping. I really don’t need anything, other than my 8 month back order on primers and powder. Just like to look through the new catalog. I do order from the others. And if I get desperate Mid-Way. I have noticed over the last couple years. Their prices have been going up. And they just don’t have the good sales they use to.
  4. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member

Everybody's prices are going up. I don't see any going the other way, except for a sale flyer every once in a while. Get what you can when you can afford it i guess.
  5. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Shoot as much cast as you can and everything else buy in bulk.
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

yep, its real life monopoly at work. You have a market and somebody is gonna figure out a way to milk it for every penny its worth. I hate business ethics:mad:
  7. Freebore

Freebore New Member

I also recieved my Midway catalog yesterday and was surprised to see the cost increasing.....but why?..... according to Washington, inflation is at zero ??..... maybe Larry P. didn't get the memo !!!!!!!!
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

nah, larry p needs a new barrett. so were payin for it...
  9. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

when i read this post the only thing i was thinking was supply and demand. ..... which is a good thing.