Still looking

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 8, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

Az45Shooter
    (12/20/02 6:26:40 pm)
    Reply Still looking
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm still looking for some info on the Rock Island 1911.
    I'd like to hear from someone who's owned or shot one.
    I looked at the Mil-secs and cant find one for under $500.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/20/02 7:02:47 pm)
    Re: Still looking
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thought I saw them for $450.00 someplace. I have not shot one either. I have heard that they are good weapons.
    In 49 states ignorance is a crime.In the other one it is bliss.

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/20/02 9:50:32 pm)
    The Mil Specs are under $500 in most places. Got one myself for $489 about 6 months ago.
    "A .45 for every man woman, and child if I am elected President. Two for every good looking woman!!!"

Paid for by the Xracer and Boom-atic for Federal Office Campaign

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/22/02 10:01:49 am)
    Reply Re: Still looking
    Boomer.....how do you like your Rock Island? How about a "road test" report?

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/22/02 10:42:24 am)
    I guess I was unclear...I bought a SA Mil Spec...not a Rock Island.
    "A .45 for every man woman, and child if I am elected President. Two for every good looking woman!!!"

Paid for by the Xracer and Boom-atic for Federal Office Campaign

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/22/02 10:58:27 am)

Charles Daly

Nice guns for the money. About the only thing I truly didn't care for was the trigger. Changed that out at Thanksgiving to an adjustable one.

JIMG12
    (12/22/02 11:18:13 am)
    Reply rock island
    I SAW THEM ON BrandX FOR $379. NIB

Jbobin
    (12/23/02 11:11:14 am)
    Reply Re: Rock Island
    I actually ordered one from Sarco (out of Shotgun News) I waited and waited. At the time, there were three sizes, full, mid, and compact. I ordered the mid size for $389. I also ordered a couple of drop in items.

These guns are made in the Philipines and as current events run the course, the Philipines was/is having a rough time internally, so the guns never shipped. I think it had alot to do with Phillipine regulations and such. I waited 8 weeks, all the time calling Sarco, to no avail. I ended up cancelling my order and finding an old hammered Gold Cup for $425, and it shoots well.

I do know that the local county police department bought 30 of the basic Rock Islands and tuned them, added beavertails and magwells. They haven't had any problems so far.

Jb

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (12/23/02 5:56:07 pm)
    Reply Re: Rock Island
    A Charles Daly can be had for the same money. Good pistol with a little tweeking.