Still New to Reloading

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nevadal, Jul 3, 2012.

1. nevadal

nevadal New Member

Since I have got into this, (head over heels) with the great help from TFF,
    I have started buying many different items from manufacturers & reps such as Midway, Lee, Midsouth, RCBS, Dillon, and a few more...I have had fantastic service from all, there have no hiccups, & no excuses.

I got to thinking about the great service & response from these people, and have come to one conclusion....They are being run by enthusiasts...people that care about their company, and their customers...not by a @#$ beancounter

Do y'all agree, maybe these people should be running many of the large instituitions instead of accountants & lawyers
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

I can speak of Both Lee and RCBS ( more so Lee)

they are very much a people company

now i'm a Asia Pac dealer i'm not supposed to sell in the USA , but Lee gave me a ok to get stuff for give aways and call it promotion

and thats allowed

i went through their reseller list so i wasn't ripping another master distributor off and Lee even helped those issues , and intro'd me to titanreloading, and where all the giveaway goodies from me will be coming from as of a couple weeks ago ( they are 300 yards from Lee factory ;) )

heck if i was trying to sort this with another company i'd be up against a endless policy reading , no free thought , no reasoning , just a faceless voice who'll read you the terms and conditions of your agreement ...

never had a issue with RCBS polite folks , very helpful and they'll bend the rules for a good cause too

still have the human touch even though i've not met their bosses as yet
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  3. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Active Member

There are plenty of companies run by "people". That is how they are still in business. They are up against true "beancounters" who are very good at what they do. Get in, pay me, get out is a tested and true policy since most people are just interested in the lowest cost anyway. Why buy something somewhere when you can get the exact same product for less down the road or online? The "people run" companies have to rely on their service to stay in business. It is their "beancounter" strategy. They know if they try the get in/get out concept they will go out of business against the big guys.
  4. wally bennett

wally bennett New Member

Live in the UK but have had to deal with Redding and Lee and both do a quick and superb service even to us limeys.
    Wally
  5. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I got a customer anniversary card from MidwayUSA for however many years since I joined, I spend most of my $$ there and Brownells sent me a personal letter after a $1400 purchase thanking me for my business. Dillon is huge but still quality stuff.

Maybe it's proof that responsible people with guns really are nicer and more ethical people! I like to think so anyway....
  6. Gabob

Gabob Well-Known Member

Years ago when I had FFL a customer had his daughter "oil" his Rockchucker without his knowledge. Only problem was she "oiled" it with Locktite. Local
    machine shop ruined ram getting it out. I called RCBS for him to order new ram. Customer service guy laughed for five minutes and sent a new ram at no cost. Couple of months later i called them about another problem and they recognized that I was one who called about Locktite and started laughing again
  7. Airdale

Airdale Member

I've had much the same good experience when dealing with people in the gun business.

When I built my rifle I couldn't believe the great service and quality I recieved from the business' I dealt with. Sharp Shooters supply (great action work), Kyle at XLR Industries and Jim at Northland (Criterion Barrel) to name just a few.

My bad experiences have been from LGS' and a couple of unreliable smiths.