1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Stock 10/22 Accuracy

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

rjpatt1
    (1/19/02 2:45:34 pm)
    Reply Stock 10/22 Accuracy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a 10/22 stainless carbine. Am toying with the idea of a bull barrel/stock addition. Question is, What kind of accuracy is the stock 10/22 without mods capable of? If good accuracy is available then I may just replace the stock with a hogue overmold.

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/19/02 3:53:57 pm)
    Reply Re: Stock 10/22 Accuracy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wecome! The stock 10/22 is capable of 1/2" groups all day long, but the problem lies in the short sight radius and carbine stock. Hogue stocks....SUCK...IMHO. They are not set up to the benefit of the shooter. I have had several of them mounted and have always shucked them, and never use one on a high-powered rifle, lest it rip the face hairs by the roots. LTS

Xracer
    (1/19/02 5:26:21 pm)
    Welcome ripatt1......stick around a while, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.

Zigzag2
    (1/20/02 8:51:50 am)
    Hiya' RJ,

if you are considering restocking your 10-22, check out this link,www.boydboys.com

Shooter45, suggested it to me. I had a short wait due to the back-order, but received it and am totally satisfied

LIKTOSHOOT
    (1/20/02 11:53:29 am)
    For the bucks.....best buy, Butler Creek. LTS

yuppiejr
    (4/21/02 8:28:52 pm)
    I have to disagree on the Butler Creek suggestion, no offense to the previous poster. Quality control is not known to be great with their products and there are better options for the money. It's not that Butler Creek makes a BAD product, I simply feel there are better options for the same money.

Midway USA is currently selling a Corelite Synthetic Stock and Adams and Bennet (Green Mountain) 18" stainless bull barrel for $139.

www.midwayusa.com/online/...Word=10/22

The combination can be had for $125 with a blued barrel as well.

I purchased this exact combination for my own use and was very impressed with the quality and accuracy after sighting in. When I miss it's always been an oddball round or "user error" so far.

The A&B barrels have an exellent reputation at large in the rimfire community and I've had good experience with the CoreLite stock. I've heard mixed reviews on the Butler Creek stuff mainly in terms of quality control and poor ergonomics of their synthetic stocks.

If you are going with a bull barrel, and no more iron sights, you'll need a scope. I am a fan of www.riflescopes.com - his Simmons prices in particular are very good. (The Mag 22 and 44 lines are great for rimfire) If you want a cheap, reliable 4-12x A/O scope, try www.riflescopes.com/specials.html and pick up a Simmons Deerfield for $50. Wal-mart carries them if you want to take a look at the scope before you buy. I just used a base/ring kit from Millet to mount the optics on my 10/22 but there are a lot of options here.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (4/21/02 8:46:46 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Stock 10/22 Accuracy
    Welcome Abord RJ & Yup!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac