1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Stock cleaning ???

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/10/01 10:11:51 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Stock cleaning ???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What is the best way to clean an old dirty stock? I have a few old mausers that when you take your fingernail you can easily scratch the dirt off of them. I do not want to refinish them, just clean them up a bit. Any tried and true ways y'all know about? Thanks

It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here. Patrick Henry 1765

AntiqueDr
    (10/10/01 10:17:28 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Stock cleaning ???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What works for us:

Strip out all metal components. Scrub with 0000 steel wool and Murphy's Oil Soap. This will clean all the surface dirt off. Dry thoroughly. Go back with a good stock rubbing compound, available from Brownells. These are available in varying grades, generally FFF is fine unless you are cleaning a high-gloss finish then 5-F will restore a mirror finish.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com