1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Stock in guns and ammo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mjforster, Feb 16, 2009.

1. mjforster

mjforster New Member

I'm just curious if anyone knows if gun manufacturers and or ammo companies and publically traded or are they privately owned. I would think this would have been something good to invest in with the mass purchasing.
  2. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

mjforster,
    I've been watching a few for a while.
    http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=46781

Ruger -RGR
    Smith and Wesson -SWHC
    Winchester -OLN
    Dicks sporting gds. -DKS
    Cabellas -CAB

I decided not to go with stocks these days, and I have most of what I have in Silver.
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Most of my assets are in steel and lead :D
  4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

A liberal coworker was talking about people buying silver and gold recently and asked about some of us. I slyly said, I figure if I buy enough steel, brass, copper and lead I can take the gold and silver later if needed. Of course, I was joking but you should have seen the look on his face! :p:p:p:D:D:D

With that said, stock prices are based on speculation of expected future returns. Since the gun makers are expected to be drastically hampered with new regulations that may require retooling and the elimination of certain product lines, their long-term forecast doesn't seem so rosy. I would think that would negatively affect the stocks' values.

Of course, I'm no investment analyst either... :)
  5. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

No mabe your not, but that was a pretty good analysis though.
  6. vytoland

vytoland New Member

put your money into frito lay and budweiser
  7. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

There are closed end Mutual Funds that are designed to move with the price of a barrel of oil. I just don't see it staying down in the $30's. The one I've been looking at has the ticker symbol USO.

The problem I see with firearms companies is the libs may end the protection from lawsuit liability that the companies currently have. That would be a major blow to them.
  8. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

:p:p:p:cool:

PLease correct me if Im wrong.( youll be on a long list )

but I dont believe any of the makers u speak offer "public stock" per se...I may be wrong...but when u buy stock offered on exchange ..is based on offered or secured shares of "public stock ".for john Q to buy..etc...

and when public is offerd..is still without many provisions of owners or "preffered stock "......I just forcefully retired (final injury-new knee from fallin off ladder ) from a Public traded company..and along with usual trials and tribulations..had to document software put on each PC..like gov..etc...meetings and reports put on public web....

anyway..one big deal was OPEN BOOKS for scrutiny beyond belief...im not big stock trader or knowledgeable as I only have limited stocks..maybe u can buy preffered stock or private stock..im willin to learn...

anyway...logist of it is right...stay out right now based on percieved or know product moving spurt.....

what if that product moving cause....
    * WILL have to destroy unmarked ammo as rumored...
    * WIll be forced to stop some ammo/guns// all?

*How long can corp stay alive selling to just military..overseas? ..if black boot gestapo kickin down doors to melt down yur granys 22....

but hey..u wont care......:p:D:D:D:D you have some stock certificates........:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D....
    ...wait...not thru.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

and as for these sprung up (good) black gun labs etc...u can bet that if nu* cuttin comes..old opotus and crew will sure put halters on military suppliers more ( ie more contracts/sole sourcing )..no more
    Kenny has or folks have the money..so while in ( place theater here)
    he prefers , pays for..and uses the " johnny kill all " akar15-208....
    and if yall come on down to Billy RAys House O Gunnery...yalls can too?.......
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  9. Sadly, buying stock in any firearms or ammo company in today's liberal political climate would be like buying stock in the Titanic on April 16, 1912 . . . the day after it sank. :eek::(
  10. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

:D:D:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Well said Pistolenschutze sir........its obvious the Great Minds tend to think alike...and hey....how bout..I accidently in with yall ( great minds ) on one..........maybe hope yet.............:p:D:D:D:cool:

regards,
  11. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I never advocate single stock ownership, as the risks are simply too great; I feel that right NOW is the time to get into well managed Mutual Funds - five years old or more, good track record prior to the last two hears, and with managers that are dry behind the ears.

Having given that caveat, I can see some industry sectors that are going to have a HUGE increase in business over the next four years:

1. Waterproof containers suitable for underground burial will be big sellers.

2. Home board games, because sitting home and playing checkers is all we are going to be able to afford to do.

3. Chilton's auto repair manuals will skyrocket, because everyone will be fixing their old one from now on to keep from buying one that Congress designed.

4. Blankets. When the enviro-whacko's get finished, these will be the only legal means to keep warm.

5. Lightweight folding chairs. These will be very popular for use in those long bread lines.

6. Vaseline. 'Nuff said.

12. 7. Manufacturers of cardboard boxes. All of us will certainly need those for the "Obamavilles" we'll need to build. :D;)
  13. armabill

armabill Member

Fixed it for you: Stock up on guns and ammo.