1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Stoeger Cougar 8000

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by triplebike, May 7, 2010.

1. triplebike

triplebike New Member

Is a magnificent 9MM handgun, why, with over 1500 rds fired, not a single malfunction of any kind. I have used every name brand of ammo through it, bulk, HP, RN, 115gr, 124gr & it preforms perfectly. Also no noticeable wear anywhere on it so far. Accurate, very mild recoil, excellent ergonomics, additional "factory" mags are less than 20 bucks, very easy to strip, clean & maintain. All for less than $400 brand new.
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

I'm tella ya, your right on about them. I've recommended them to people for a while now. They are very reliable and accurate to boot. Funny thing is that a couple of people that I know that bought them liked them but traded them b/c of the name game. Well I traded it for a glock or a xd or a full size 92. Not a real functional reason now is it.
  3. group17

group17 New Member

[​IMG]
    I just put Beretta wood medallion grips on mine-now its a Beretta.
  4. mncarpenter

mncarpenter New Member

My carry gun. Like it, use it. Have Houge wood grips on mine, shoots better than I can. Whats not to like?? Fits my hand, was one of the few guns I picked up and said "nice". I bought it. Another underrated gun are the CZ's. I have a P01, same kinda thing, is just about the sweetest thing I shoot.
  5. cluznar

cluznar Former Guest

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR and get a Stoeger Cougar 8000 9mm. I have the compact version (shorter grip holds 13 rounds) and it is one very nice gun. Accurate, nice trigger, low recoil, easy to shoot. This gun is a real bargain for the price. Get one! ;)
  6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I almost bought this gun when I bought my Beretta 92. In the state of IL you can't carry a gun anyway so cc was not an issue. If you get caught they will pull your gun card and all your guns.

If they change the law I would get this gun.