Stoeger Cougar 8000

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by triplebike, May 7, 2010.

1. triplebike

triplebike New Member

Is a magnificent 9MM handgun, why, with over 1500 rds fired, not a single malfunction of any kind. I have used every name brand of ammo through it, bulk, HP, RN, 115gr, 124gr & it preforms perfectly. Also no noticeable wear anywhere on it so far. Accurate, very mild recoil, excellent ergonomics, additional "factory" mags are less than 20 bucks, very easy to strip, clean & maintain. All for less than $400 brand new.
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

I'm tella ya, your right on about them. I've recommended them to people for a while now. They are very reliable and accurate to boot. Funny thing is that a couple of people that I know that bought them liked them but traded them b/c of the name game. Well I traded it for a glock or a xd or a full size 92. Not a real functional reason now is it.
  3. group17

group17 New Member

[​IMG]
    I just put Beretta wood medallion grips on mine-now its a Beretta.
  4. mncarpenter

mncarpenter New Member

My carry gun. Like it, use it. Have Houge wood grips on mine, shoots better than I can. Whats not to like?? Fits my hand, was one of the few guns I picked up and said "nice". I bought it. Another underrated gun are the CZ's. I have a P01, same kinda thing, is just about the sweetest thing I shoot.
  5. cluznar

cluznar Former Guest

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR and get a Stoeger Cougar 8000 9mm. I have the compact version (shorter grip holds 13 rounds) and it is one very nice gun. Accurate, nice trigger, low recoil, easy to shoot. This gun is a real bargain for the price. Get one! ;)
  6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I almost bought this gun when I bought my Beretta 92. In the state of IL you can't carry a gun anyway so cc was not an issue. If you get caught they will pull your gun card and all your guns.

If they change the law I would get this gun.