Stoeger Zephyr Woodlander

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

cal414
    (3/26/02 9:05:10 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Stoeger Zephyr Woodlander
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Howdy all,
    I'm considering taking a Stoeger Woodlander Zephyr in on trade and I'm looking for a value on it. Description is as follows:
    This Stoeger looks brand new, not from 72'. The gun has Stoeger Arms Corporation-Made in Spain ingraved on the strip between the barrels. On the bottom of the reciever is ZEPHYR under that is WOODLANDER. Stocks are not finished in the high glossvarnish more like a oil finish. Bore is 99.9% like new. It has hand checkered hard wood stocks.The blue on the barrels is very good and condition is 90% or better the wood is the same. I did not buy this gun brand new but it looks as if it has never been shot or caried. I shot 2 rounds through it just to check it out. Can send pics.

There is very little information on the web about Stoeger Woodlander Guage guns. Uplanders abound, but nothing on the woodlander. I've checked AA and GB, as well as all the serch engines....to no avail. I know Stoeger doesn't make this model anymore. Can anyone help me out here? Dr? Anyone?

Edited by: cal414 at: 3/26/02 9:16:07 am

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/26/02 10:56:12 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Stoeger Zephyr Woodlander
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Stoeger doesn't make this gun....or any other. They never have. They import guns made to their specifications from various manufacturers, put their name on 'em and sell them.

Don't know about this one......maybe Doc or somebody else does, though.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/26/02 3:47:23 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Re: Stoeger Zephyr Woodlander
    I believe the Woodlander differs from the Uplander in barrel length and stock configuration ...

Anyway, it should bring $300 or thereabouts.
  2. ShadowHunt

ShadowHunt New Member

What size gauge is it.... is "Made in Spain" imprinted just below the trigger?
  3. Paco

Paco New Member

The 1960 Issue of The Shooters Bible has a complete description of the various Stoeger shotguns manufactured in Spain. The Woodlander was the base model and in 1960 it retailed for $108.00. They do not identify the actual manufacturer. I have one in 16 guage, 26" bbls bored IC/MOD that is my upland pheasant and grouse favorite; so much so that I went out to MEC in Mayville, WI to get a 16 guage loader so that I could build some quality 16 guage loads.