Stolen Valor Act Unconstitutional ???

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Marlin, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Federal Judge Rules Stolen Valor act Unconstitutional. I sometime wonder where these judges went to school, or, even if they ever did..... :( :(
  2. 199er

199er New Member

I hope the appeal is filed is very soon. Would also like to know if that judge is a vet and if has "exercised" his so-called free speech and 'fibed' about his service record!!
  3. lawdawg

lawdawg Member

OK, so by that logic, one can falsely claim to be a police officer, public official, or impersonate anyone they so choose so long as no one was "harmed or defamed by the lie", because it is their right under the 1st Amendment freedom of speech!?!
  4. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    I would really really like the judge to spend a day with me in my back field discussing the constitution. I would choke the liberal sob to death with his own twisted logic. Taking credit for valor not done just dilutes the sacrifices made by others and this fricking judge wants to protect his rights. Rights paid for with blood by people who actually sacrificed and ..........

I had a lot more to say but had to delete it. Nothing I want to put in print and some things you just can't clean up.
  5. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

What can you do but sit back and be mad about these morons. I bet the judge was some overpriviledged yuppie snob put through school by his wealthy parents and never even had an etics course in college. I am so sick and tired of these "Woodstock Era " Yuppie do gooders messing up our nation. If my back wasnt out on vacation I'd take each and every one of em out in the back woods and give em a "Rim Fire Labatomy"!!!
  6. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Lying about military service seems to be the norm in politics these days as how many have said they were in Vietnam and they weren't anywhere near it or weren't even in the service? I haven't figured out what motivates someone to lie about being a hero. Is their self esteem so bad that they need to lie or do they realize that they such losers that they need to lie to boost their status in someone elses eyes? They aren't smart enough to realize just how bad they disgrace themselves once they are outed. Making it an act of fraud is fine with me even though I hate the thought of more government.
  7. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

^What Terry said^

I can't imagine why anyone would do this?
    It's like hugging your own ego.:rolleyes:
  8. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

isn't tarring and feathering legal for this sort of thing ?? if not make it that way !!!
  9. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I assume you mean HOT tar?:D
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

is there another kind to feather with ??
  11. 199er

199er New Member

How many of you recall the days during and following the Vietnam War when we had to think twice about admitting we were VN vets or be chastized as beinging 'losers','druggies' etc??? Back then it seemed no one wanted to be us or associated with us..........................since the early to mid 80s things began changing for us and as our image grew......... unfortunately so did the number of these low life wannabes.

I hope this decision is overturned in appeal and these wannabes continue to be prosecuted.
  12. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Great point 199er and to take it further these losers are probably the same ones that were spitting on the real hero's as they returned.
  13. 199er

199er New Member

2349713334blackburn.jpg

Robert Blackburn is an Article III Federal Judge for the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado. He joined the court in 2002 after being nominated by President George W. Bush[1].

A native of Colorado, Blackburn graduated from Western State College with his Bachelor's Degree in 1972. He graduated from the University of Colorado Law School with his Juris Doctorate in 1974[1].

Looks like he had a student draft deferment in college(68 thru 72) during the VN War and missed being drafted...............................That bit of history makes me wonder about this court decision????

More of his Bio at; http://judgepedia.org/index.php/Robert_Blackburn
  14. lentz

lentz Former Guest

I think the whole thing is silly
  15. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

Couldn't see the article, but reading your posts, I got the gist of it. IMHO, a good reason to either bring back the draft or make it a requirement to serve before you can be elected, or appointed, to any public office. Then they'd be able to figure it out.