stomp and watch?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by topper, Feb 12, 2010.

1. topper

topper New Member

A 15 y.o. girl was beaten unconscious by a group while security guards stood and watched. The perps were eventually caught but why did no one intervene and try to help the victim? Is this what america has become? We do not get involved because it is not us being beaten? How crass can we get? The sheriff's dept. is going to place armed deputy's at the site, but what good does that do after the fact? I feel our insensitivity toward others will be our ultimate downfall as a society and a nation.
  2. Artemus

Artemus New Member

Maybe Security Guards are smarter than we think.They see cops mixing it up with these low lifes and if the cops don't treat them with kid gloves they lose their jobs and maybe go to jail themselves.Why take any risks while making 1/3 per hour what the cops make?
  3. topper

topper New Member

I was taught to help someone in need. I think I would do anything I could to at least get the scum off of her, even if it meant I would be attacked for doing so. No one should just stand and let some crud beat the daylights out of someone else. Even if I could not do anything physical, at least I could call the police. But to just stand and watch someone get stomped is crazy. What has our society become? If we take no action, then total anachary will reign. I for one, do not want that and would try to do whatever I could to stop it.
  4. muddober

muddober Active Member

I don't get it. How anyone who call themselves a human being could justify just standing by and watch a child being beaten? I cannot connect those dots.:confused:

Ron
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I saw the video on the news last night, horrible incident! The news stated that the Guards were instructed to not interfere with these type incidents, but that the security company has now changed it's policy due to this incident. Still, there were at least 20 people watching this go down, and no did a thing to stop it, but they all gathered around to watch? What does that say about the people that were there? I would have gotten involved in a big way. But then I don't live in a big city where this sort of thing happens everyday. I hope the girls family sues the crap out of the security co., and the perps both.
  6. ARB

ARB New Member

I, hope that I would intervene. We live age in the age of the civil lawsuit. Having a couple 15 year old punks wailing on me because I pulled them off someone, and not knowing if I'm gonna spend the next few years in jail for knocking them on their butts doesn't bide well. Then again, as I type this, I am confident that I would have done something. Lots of witnesses.
  7. 45nut

45nut Active Member

In Texas, you could use lethal force to stop this kind of crap. It was in the People's Republic of Seattle, what do you expect?

If nothing else, one round into the ground to get their attention should have worked.
  8. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  9. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

The only thing of value owned by the perps would be there tennis shoes and cell phones. Hardly worth the cost of the suit. Maybe that's why they do drivebys.
  10. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

I did not realise the guards were standing right there untill I saw the video. I thought they were watching this from a camera. They are POS.

This is another perfect example of when the perp is in the act someone needs to step up and beat the **it out of them. Sure you can catch them and go to the judge with it, but it just isnt as satisfying.
  11. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Everyone is afraid of the prosecutor. If you have something of value you will be nailed.

Whatever sentence the bad guys get, it will be nothing to what you the, "Vigilante" will get. After all, 'we can't have people taking the law into their own hands.'

Sometimes I think the real enemy is not these cretins but the politicians who protect them and allow them to prey on the rest of us.

I hope I would have intervened and that I would not get knifed for my trouble.
  12. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

The modern 'castle doctrine' personal protection acts in many states have made it perfectly legal to shoot someone who is attacking a person where you fear for the life of the victim. I'm not sure if WA state has this sort of law on the books yet.

With that said, there is no doubt that a person who participated in defending this victim would have to be mentally prepared to go to trial if required. Do you do what is right by humanity or by law? I'm not sure that any of us could answer that unless faced with the situation personally.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  13. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

We absolutely do. Washington is a no retreat state. While we do not endorse the "Castle Doctrine" per say, we have our own version of it which is quite similar.

If I were there and witnessed it, I'd have every right to slam that little skanks head against the wall.:mad:
    The security was given orders as to what to do by their employer. Observe and report.
    The job was more important than the girls life.

BTW, none of you really knows half the story.

The skank and the security are the lowest level of scum on the planet.

I'll stop there.:mad::mad::mad:
  14. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

Maybe a little pepper spray discreetly aimed would have caused enough confusion to disperse the combatants and the gawkers, or a really bright light directed into the combatants eyes. Either that or form a circle and charge admission.:mad::confused::mad:::(:D
  15. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

No pepper spray or lights. Radio only. Observe and report.

Spineless, no good, worthless, pcs of......

The sad part is, the girl that was beaten, and the attacker were friends.
    She was beaten because she acted "too white".