Stoner SR25

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

Dave3
    (1/17/02 12:32:39 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Stoner SR25
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I see this gun listed in the 2002 Gun Digest. Has anyone seen one of these? They seem a little exspensive for my blood but sound really neat.

hammer4nc
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/19/02 8:37:20 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Stoner SR25
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'll throw in my .02. non-expert opinion on this gun...in a nutshell, a "bench-rest AR10". Design by Eugene Stoner, follow on to his earlier ar10 and m16 designs, except specifically intended to maximize sniper accuracy. As such, tight tolerances mean lots of careful maintenance for proper function. In the bench rest world, folks spend vast amounts of time and money to wring out .5moa and less. Its interesting in concept, makes for good gun magazine articles, not necessarily the kind of gun I'd want to live with and shoot often. Dave, if you do a google search on "stoner SR-25", you'll get all the info you want on this gun and more. Here's one link:

www.biggerhammer.net/stoner/

Dave3
    (1/19/02 9:20:43 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Stoner SR25
    Thanks Hammer pretty cool site. I was just curious about it, a little rich for my blood. That camo Ar10 might do the trick though.

<< Prev Topic | Next Topic >>