Stop! Crosswalk! Editor at work!

Discussion in 'The Beau Coupe Dien Cai Dau Hootch' started by Guest, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

homer4
    (8/17/01 11:30:06 am)
    | Del All Stop! Crosswalk! Editor at work!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Going to do some editing on the REMF Skit. I want to print out a copy and this one is real good. I have one from GunBroker called "If we must"(parts 1, 2, and 3) saved on print and I'd like to save this one as well. Never know if we ever get a "jesse worm" that'll delete it all.

I already deleted all my unecessary jibberish to help me save on ink and time.

So watch your feet as some posts might even grow a wee bit or shortened a wee bit as well during the editing. Sounds like there will be some real wee weeing going on. But it won't.

The REMF's will be rolling to the top time and again.

This one will be the last to get wee wee-ed.

Dons the safety goggles, adjusts the hard hat and reaches for the hedgeclippers...
    Homer Scissorhands, Editorextraordinaire... at work!!!...
    ...and two hard boiled eggs.

homer4
    (8/18/01 6:18:01 am)
    | Del Re: Stop! Crosswalk! Editor at work!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I might have said the above better. I'm only editing my posts...not anyone elses. I have deleted every post of mine that wasn't the REMF story line and am adding a few people here to my posts, expanding the story lines and characters a bit and dressing up the readability. Punctuation and spelling also.

Not bothering anyone elses.
    I want to print this out to keep and this way I can save on time and ink. Quite a bit of printing to be done.

dap22
    Senior Chief Moderator II
    (8/18/01 12:08:20 pm)
    | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Stop! Crosswalk! Editor at work!
    ok..........have at it Ernest Hemmingway!!LOL

homer4
    (8/18/01 12:53:19 pm)
    Whew!!!
    Thought I was rewriting every post...some changes and additions for sure.
    Out of here for sure...ain't typin nothin!! Some printi soon

Hehe! Ol Ernst is a bit proud of it all ther Dave buddy. Reads much better now.
    I love this stuff!

TShooters
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/18/01 4:34:59 pm)
    Awww..Homer...now I'll have to print it out all over again!
    Just kiddin' you! Will go back and read again..see what
    you've come up with.

Sharon

Misterstan
    (8/18/01 5:09:29 pm)
    Homer,

I have started the final party for the mission, but have not been able to come up with anything that I like. I don't want to leave enybody out and I don't want to mix up the ranks that each of us were given throughout the story. Maybe we need to put an ending to this skit with me writing the acknowledgements for many of the ideas that were sent to me to put in the skit....

I thought of putting an ending where all five of the REMF's were given a one week R&R to a place of their choice - with Hope going to Hawaii like she did from Vietnam, but I don't want to send anyone where they don't want to go.

Guess where I got the idea of "Cotton Pony"?

Misterstan

oneknight
    (8/18/01 6:08:07 pm)
    I get three guesses and the first two don't count.......

TShooters
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/18/01 6:09:34 pm)
    Good job, Homer!

MisterStan...send me to Australia...Oz...where they say G'Day in
    that fabulous accent, drink Guiness, and have those kangaroos who bring it
    to your table all iced down in those cute little pouches...and they're also the
    bar bouncer.

Hubby really regrets having opted not to take an R&R while he was over there.
    He always talks about wishing he'd gone to Australia. Now..if I could just hit the
    lotto tonight.

Sharon

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/18/01 8:33:44 pm)
    | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Stop! Crosswalk! Editor at work!
    Homer,

EZ has now provided us with a back up system which
    means I can restore any lost posts and restore anything
    that has been hacked from our site.

JD
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

Misterstan
    (8/19/01 6:32:21 am)
    Great News, JD. You Da Man!

Misterstan

homer4
    (8/19/01 9:16:23 am)
    | Del capabilities upgraded
    Ditto that Stan. No more 'jesse virus' worries. Good Deal JD.
    Still going to print my own copy of the story tho. It's been a good one.

homer4
    (8/19/01 9:25:02 am)
    | Del the story
    I don't have a clue as to how you got the idea for the 'Cotton Pony' bud...would like to know tho...Hehe!

What ever kind of ending you choose will be find Stan...your much better at this than you give yoursef credit for.

The exchange between Catch and Sharon with "hhaving worked with SEAL's and feeding them mostly was and is still arip with me...others like it. It'll be fine what ever you do.

TShooters
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/19/01 10:32:30 am)
    Good news, JD! You mentioned a EZBoard chat room some time back. Is that
    still in the works?? Hope so!

Sharon

TShooters
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/19/01 10:37:45 am)
    | Del Re: the story
    Homer,

I agree! The whole skit was tremendous fun!

But, before it winds up...we haven't got to the "Par-tee" part yet!
    <she says as she balances a large rubber ball on the tip of her nose...simultaneously
    popping popcorn into her mouth with her toes...and makin' SEAL noises..
    Arf...Arf...Arf...)

Sharon

homer4
    (8/19/01 6:06:00 pm)
    | Del feedin seals and stuff
    Hehe! Ahhh!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/19/01 6:53:42 pm)
    | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: feedin seals and stuff
    Sharon,

According to EZ I should know something about
    the chat thing at the end of the month or begining
    of next month.

JD
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

Misterstan
    (8/20/01 10:28:29 am)
    | Del Re: feedin seals and stuff
    Homer,

Seems that putting a party together is a much tougher task than I had anticipated.

I added a post to the skit to acknowledge the people who contributed to the story and left it open for the REMF's to tell us about their one week R&R experiences.

Misterstan