Store Clerk Shoots Black in Self Defense ...

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by montezumaz, Nov 30, 2012.

1. montezumaz

montezumaz Former Guest

... Now Black Community in Uproar
    http://lastresistance.com/630/store...n-self-defense-now-black-community-in-uproar/

Alexander Calloway 21, of Houston TX and two other young black men approached a Valero gas station at 3:30 am, only to find it closed and the doors locked. Instead of leaving, Calloway and his friends banged on the front door and yelled at the clerk who was working inside. An argument ensued through the locked glass door. In an attempt to resolve the matter, the clerk unlocked the door and tried to end the argument when Calloway hit him in the face. Seeing that the other two men had guns, the clerk drew his own gun out and shot his attacker in the stomach. Calloway was rushed to a local fire station by his cousin. He was then sent to the hospital where he is listed in critical condition.
    Police watched the surveillance tape of the incident and ruled that the clerk shot in self-defense and that his actions were justified. Of course, the clerk is not black, so even though he was the one who was first assaulted, Calloway’s father, along with a number in the local black community are all up in arms and want the clerk arrested and convicted. Had the clerk been black and Calloway white, there would be no protests and no calls for justice. If anything, the white guy would be found guilty of a hate crime for punching a black guy in the face. But in real life, it was a non-black guy who defended himself against three armed blacks and now the blacks are blaming him and demanding justice.
    - Francis Marion
  2. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

All you need now is Al Sharpton
  3. Sig Willy

Sig Willy Member

It's 3:30 am and he opened the door to three guys ?? I would never do that.
  4. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

No need to open the door at all, if the guy's being stupid leave it locked and call the cops.
  5. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

kinda amazed he opened the door too...
  6. Awtoman

Awtoman Active Member

If I were the cops, I would charge him with stupid for opening the door at 3:30 a.m. after the store is closed. In that scenario you're just asking to get shot or shoot someone.

Tom
  7. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The clerk was definitely in the wrong here. He should have emptied the gun in all of them.
  8. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Ya know, when I was a kid of 16 back in late 60's; I closed up a gas station at midnight on weekends. Quite common to have people at the locked glass door as you were making money drop in the vault in back room. I never had any problems opening the door to see what they wanted. Things have sure changed nowadays.

In my town out here in rural Alaska, the gas station/garage owner doesn't even lock his place up at night; never had any problems. 100 Whites, 28 Indians 200 miles to nx nearest town; no crime.
  9. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

you can beat on the door wjere i work all you want. I am not opening it. and I'm going to be real careful when I do leave. But minorities are all little angels that do no wrong these days. notice how there's no mention of charges against the 2 who where carrying?
  10. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    I worked at a gas station this year and the owner was so old school that we picked up and dropped the till off at his house at night.Let's say that way more than once people were being fishy and I walked out to my truck and pulled it right next to the doors as I was closing, and put my loaded .38 in my pocket just in case. I was not going to be jumped, beaten or killed over the 5K+ I had to drive 5 miles. I refuse to be victim. For awhile I would just move my unloaded AR or 12 gauge from behind the seat and put it in the gun rack in my window as I was leaving. Never was followed. lol Had people start to many times till I started doing that. Maybe they though I was a private secret service security agency. :D