Strange Ammo Pricing

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by RunningOnMT, Nov 4, 2011.

1. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Was just browsing ammo at Cheaperthandirt and came across this. Remington Golden Saber 230 gr HP, 25 rd box listed once for $28.15 and in another spot for $13.73, less than half. So I called them and was told same ammo different warehouse. One is CTD, the other is basically a drop shipper. It seems odd to me that there could be such a difference in pricing but even moreso that CTD would advertise a competitors pricing in their inventory list. Does anyone else find this odd?
  2. H-D

H-D Active Member

Don't buy em' all up I need to order some too!
  3. The Duke

The Duke New Member

One thing true about Cheaper than Dirt is that they Aient.....They drop ship a lot of stuff from Sports South in Shreveport...IF you order from them, MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE SHIPPING COST...TOTAL....They will charge you outrageous shipping on most things and if you order more than one item: IE: I ordered two items from them long time ago....One was shippped from CtD and the other drop shipped....I was charged TWO shipping charges...one from them and the other from the drop shipper...:mad::mad:

A friend was going to order a brick of Wolf .22 match from them...told him to check shipping first...The shipping cost more than the ammunition...:eek::mad: He decided to get it elsewhere.

My opinion is I will not order anything from them..