Stuff from the Lead Balloon Department...

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by nmckenzie, Nov 12, 2012.

1. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

First one comes from the Ohio Deptartment of Jobs & Family Services, to wit; due to a recalculation of fuel costs an estimated 869,000 families will be receiving $50.00 less in food stamps each month. Not saying whether this is a good or bad idea, just that it'll probably be going over like a...etc.

And from the truly lunatic fringe, an Egyptian jihadist with connections to the Taliban says the Sphinx and Giza Pyramids must be destroyed. These are the same nutballs who'd destroyed (with cannon fire) the ancient statues of Buddha in Afghanistan.
  2. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Good. They'll soon see there leaders intent.

Let them destroy em, there not ours and i'll loose no sleep.
  3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

have to disagree on destroying the pyramids. one of the seven wonders of the world. gonna let them fill in the grand canyon after that?
  4. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

The Buddha statues in Afghanistan had been carved into the side of a mountain, I believe during the 6th Century, and were destroyed by dynamiting and cannon fire. The UN's been making noises about rebuilding them, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. The UN had declared them to be cultural treasures (think I've got the term right) before they were blown to bits, and I'm sure they've done the same with regard to the Sphinx and Pyramids, so let's wait and see what they'll do if the Islamists in Egypt go completely bonkers and start using these ancient treasures for artillery practice.