Stuff I learned at a big gun sale yesterday

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pat Hurley, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

1. The Smith and Wesson M&P is a great gun. Perhaps the best S&W has made in decades.
    2. Glock is at it again. They're GIVING their .45GAP pistols away (read: FREE) to law enforcement agencies, AND giving them FREE ammo for two years. This is ostensibly due to that round having the appeal of, say, the plague. But there will assuredly be those who marvel at this latest twist as Glock earning more law enforcement market share. :rolleyes:
    3. Buying four firearms from the same dealer means nothing anymore. I was offered $175 for a SW99 with 100 rounds through it (damn near new condition) that was BOUGHT FROM THEM. And I was prepared to buy a new 9mm pistol too. Hell, the S&W factory representative was flabbergasted at their greed and short sighted customer service philosophy. I will NEVER purchase a gun from them again and will steer everyone I know from doing business there.
    4. Smith has ceased to make the SW99 and sells only the Walther P99 now. That's probably because they don't want any in-house competitors for the M&P.
    5. Build an indoor shooting range and the world will beat a path to your door... but it will also cause you to chase repeat gun buying cutomers away because you are so full of yourself, convinced that there will be another buyer who will gladly pay MSRP every few minutes.
  2. I certainly agree with you on the .45 GAP cartridge, Pat. Whichever bean counter at Glock thought that one up probably deserves to be transferred to Glock's retail outlet in Tierra del Fuego! :D;)