The Firearms Forum banner

Stuffed peppers?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Bobitis 
#1 ·
Was wondering if anyone out there has a fantastic stuffed pepper recipe I can try...I may have to experiment with some different spices & venison. Trying to come up with some wild game recipes my wife will eat (doesn't normally like even the smell of venison). Moderately spicy ok, mild spicy even better for her. She loves stuffed peppers & I thought some of y'all might have some good ones!

Thanks,
Chris

#4 ·
Not a true recipe, but yummy nonetheless. Zatarans Jambalaya mix, chopped meat of your choice and 6-8 bell peppers. Make the Jambalaya and stuff into peppers and bake at 325* until peppers are tender, just that easy and delicious. I don't used box food much, but this is an exception. Can't beat it for an appetizer or side dish if you can find some smaller peppers or if you grow your own.

G
#5 ·
I'm not one for recipes.
What I would do is chop up some sweet onion, peppers, portabella mushroom, and saute together in virgin olive oil. Scoop the veggies when finished and set aside.
Sear the venison in the pan on both sides to seal in the good stuff. Cover with a jar of Newmans Own Sockaroonie pasta sauce, add the lid, and let poach for good while (90 minutes?). Add water as necessary. Remove from heat and let cool.
Core and clean the peppers.
Find some 'Rice Select' Royal Blend. It's the bomb.
Texmati white, brown, wild and red rice blend.
Cook as directed until almost done. It will finish while baking.
Remove the venison from the sauce and chop it up.
Add the sauteed vegies to the left over sauce in the pan. Add chopped venison and bring back to a simmer. Cover and remove from heat.
Let it cool a bit and mix it into the rice until you get the consistancy your looking for.
Stuff the peppers and place in a baking pan with 1/2 an inch of water or so.
Into the oven at 325-350 till the skin on the peppers just start to blacken (45 minutes or so).
Keep an eye out cuz it can happen quickly. Turn off the oven and open the door to let the heat out for a few minutes and cool down. Close the door and let sit for 10 minutes.
The sauce should mellow the game factor, and not be over powering.

Obviously this would be easy to modify to taste. The rice is they key to a good stuffed pepper.

I love stuffed peppers. Can ya tell?:p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.