stun gun?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by terminator, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Trevor1837

Trevor1837 New Member

Carver your just trying to sell your products :D
  2. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

So it's safe to assume you don't own a flame thrower?
  3. terminator

terminator Member

I think I am going to get a stun baton, walking stick and pepper spray!!! If that dosen't work I'll have to take the 1911. Thanks for all the feed back.
  4. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Active Member

I carry the UDAP bear spray. I have used it 4 times
    against large aggressive dogs and one drunk demanding
    booze money. It worked fine all five times. The dogs ran
    away, howling. The drunk fell down and **** himself.

http://www.udap.com/product.htm
  5. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

A brother is soon to be retired LEO.

He was called out to a mobile home one time, and chained to the steps was a pit bull. When he walked up, the dog wanted him.

He emptied a full can of the good stuff on the dog, and it didn't back down one inch.:eek:

I remember 30 years ago when he was in training. He got a book that had on the cover a body with 20+ bullet holes in it of various calibers to read. It had to do with drugs in the body, and how to deal with junkies.

Adrenaline is goofy stuff, and it don't matter if it's in a human or a dog.

I've read that a good hornet/wasp spray is very effective. It's a much bigger can, but it's chemicals vs the homeopathic version.

Stun guns are effective (at times) when the electrodes make contact with flesh. That's a pretty iffy situation when it comes to dogs. Much like a firearm, it needs to be pointed accurately. If a dog is coming outta nowhere at 20-30 MPH, are you that confident you can hit it? You get one shot with a taser.

You may get more with a firearm, but adrenaline is goofy. It will affect you as well.
    And a charging dog is MUCH faster and MUCH smaller than its human counterpart. That's why the LEOs and the military use them at times.

Choose wisely.
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I hear ya!:D But I am sold on the sticks, and I don't care who you are, or where you get your stick, they always work!
  7. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

like these guys? :D

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=97384
  8. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

One point you guys are missing, bad dogs run in a pack. One stick or stun gun will only stop one dog at a time. When my wife and I go walking I carry a nine shot .380 auto in my pocket, makes me feel much safer than fighting a dog pack with a stick.
  9. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Once upon a time in the woods I was treed by a PACK of dogs.

Four, or maybe five, times on the street, I've had ONE dog come charging out at me.

In town they don't run in packs too much.
  10. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

I sprayed a big Rottie to deter it from being on my lawn. It didn't like it and rubbed its face in the grass, but soon was back to growling through my window. I lived in town at the time so firearms were out.
    I ignored it and it was gone the next morning.
  11. reynolds357

reynolds357 Former Guest

You are not going to hit a dog with the civilian model of taser. The L.E. models are not even reliable at hitting dogs with. Heck, its hard to reliably get both electrodes in a person standing still.
  12. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

Well if these are the same dogs each time, then I would call the dog warden if there is one, and try to find out wjo owns them. In my area this would be dogs at large. If that fails, then aI would agree with Carver, and carry a big stick.
  13. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

You sure these dogs you are talking about are from this planet?:eek: I asked my Vet who has been in practice for over 20 yrs..he just asked what was i smoking..and not to give any to my dog...
  14. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I hope you never have to use that pistol! I live out in the country, and have most of my life. The only problem I have ever had out side of the city is dogs killing chickens, goats, and other such damage. The only times I have been attacked by dogs, was in the city, walking, or riding my bicycle. I would sure hate to have to shoot a dog in his front yard because he was attacking me.