Stunning Ignorance, Secretary of WHAT?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Instructor Gadget, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Instructor Gadget

Instructor Gadget New Member

From the Wall Street Journal

Updated October 29, 2012
    Secretary of Say What?

Obama now says he wants a cabinet officer for business. Seriously.

The brain trust behind President Obama's re-election campaign has a new idea, and what a revelation it is. A week from Election Day, Mr. Obama has disclosed to the voters that in a second term he'll create more private jobs by creating . . . one more government job.

Specifically, and all of a sudden, Mr. Obama wants a new Cabinet-level post that will be known as the Secretary of Business. "I've said I want to consolidate a whole bunch of government agencies," he said Monday, in a performance that captured his Presidency in miniature. "We should have one Secretary of Business, instead of nine different departments that are dealing with things like getting loans to SBA [the Small Business Administration] or helping companies with exports. There should be a one-stop shop."

Mr. Obama then blamed Republicans for opposing this inspiration that no one had ever heard of until he disclosed it to the hosts of MSNBC's "Morning Joe." He said his re-election "clears away a lot of the ideological underbrush," and that the GOP will then join him to "start looking at a whole bunch of issues, as I've said, has historically not been that ideological."

Mr. Obama said Republicans haven't wanted to streamline government because they're supposedly "protective about giving up their jurisdiction over various pieces of government." This will be news to Paul Ryan and the tea party.

Maybe Republicans would have opposed the Secretary of Business if they'd learned about it somewhere besides cable news, but who knows? The reasons could include turf, but also the fact that the government already has an agency with a "focus on expanding the American economy and job creation" and that "invests in America's long-term growth and competitiveness"

It's called the Department of Commerce, with its very own Secretary, and the quotes in the preceding paragraph are how the White House describes its mission in its 2013 budget. Mr. Obama wants to expand Commerce spending by 5% to some $8 billion annually. Extra credit goes to anyone who can name the acting Commerce Secretary. No Googling.

Perhaps nobody knows who Rebecca M. Blank is because the real Secretary of Business in Mr. Obama's first term has been Valerie Jarrett, his Hyde Park confidante turned White House fixer. Ms. Jarrett knows nothing about business or the economy, with the possible exception of the political economy of the Chicago wards, which may explain why the Administration's idea of helping business has been to dispense subsidies and other favors to politically favored donors and their green energy firms.

As for real CEOs, they started out giving the President the benefit of the doubt but grew disillusioned as Mr. Obama unleashed a torrent of new regulations and pursued his liberal social agenda instead of nurturing an economic recovery.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  2. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Guess Obozo doesn't like the current acting Secretary of Commerce because 1) she's a woman and 2) she actually is an economist ..... So, do the Obozo thing and bypass the entire Commerce Dept. Heaven forbid that the government should have any real economists working in it!
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

ya got it wrong ,

ya misheard the guy

secretary of DA BUSINESS

Da Business of running you all down your nation your economy

what the stalinist had hoped for all these years of giving the USA Da Business

he's giving it to you
  4. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

What's next? A "Sec of Everything I Haven't Thought of Yet"? The idiot just can't stand people doing things without his finger in it. A true bad to the bone tyrant. And he doesn't even realize it. Evil always smiles at you.
  5. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

Well at least he's creating jobs. They'll have to hire thousands of government workers.:rolleyes:
  6. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

0 just wants big government that intrudes/controls every aspect of life. It becomes so cumbersome nobody knows what all is going on, more regulations to squash free business development and restrict economic recovery. Another power ploy. More government mouths to feed off of higher taxes for less return on tax investment. Another excuse to raise the government deficit.
  7. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Everybody should read Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged". She preicted the mess this country is in over 50 years ago. Though quite lengthy, it is one of the best books that I have ever read.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  8. Instructor Gadget

Instructor Gadget New Member

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine"