1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

stupid computer questions

Discussion in 'Informational & Technical Archives' started by ruffitt, Feb 24, 2003.

1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/23/02 1:55:54 pm)
    | Edit | Del All stupid computer questions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. What does it mean to bookmark something? How do you do it?

2. When am e-mail is sent there is supposed to be a way so everyones e-mail address does not show up to all the other recipients how is this done?

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/23/02 1:59:48 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: stupid computer questions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bookmark - if you have Internet Explorer it is adding it to your favorites so you don't have to type the url in each time to go from site to site. Can't remember netscape - but it might be favorites as well - no wait it is bookmarks.

To send an e-mail without everybody's name showing up is to send a blind courtesy copy. Most e-mail programs have this feature. You just have to look for it.

T out

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (3/23/02 2:03:23 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    1. Basicly to add to your favorites.

2. That is the proper way to send email. If your using MS IE do the following...
    To send an e-mail message

On the toolbar, click the Create Mail button.
    In the To or Cc boxes, type the e-mail name of each recipient, separating names with a comma or a semicolon ( ; ).
    To add e-mail names from the Address Book, click the book icon in the New Message window next to To, Cc, and Bcc, and then select names.

To use the Bcc box, on the View menu, select All Headers.

In the Subject box, type a message title.
    Type your message, and then click Send on the toolbar.

Note:

If you have multiple e-mail accounts set up and you want to use one other than your default account, click in the From box, and then click the e-mail account you want to use.
    If you are composing a message offline, your message will be saved in the Outbox. It will be sent automatically when you go back online.
    To save a draft of your message to work on later, on the File menu, click Save. You can also click Save as to save an e-mail message in your file system in e-mail (.eml), text (.txt), or HTML (.htm) format.

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/23/02 2:04:58 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: stupid computer questions
    Bookmark is the same thing as my favorites. Ok I can grasp that.

The e-mail thing still has me stumped i do not see anything like that when i select recipients. I have Microsoft outlook express.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/23/02 2:19:06 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    warpig, when you start a new mail message in outlook click on the cc button. It'll bring up a screen showin to cc and bcc.

Use the bcc to send it to everyone and then nobody will get anyone else's e-mail address. That and you can actually send the message to yourself if you want to - which will take care of the problem of who to put in the To column.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/23/02 3:11:53 pm)
    Cool, I got it. Thanks

What does cc and bcc and abc stand for anyway?

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/23/02 4:18:58 pm)
    Warpig -

"cc" just means that copies are being sent to the people named. It is very common to see that at the bottom of business letters, indicating all the parties who have been sent copies of that letter.

No idea what, if anything, the "cc", or the others, actually stands for.

Edited by: 280freak at: 3/23/02 4:45:00 pm

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (3/23/02 4:29:23 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    cc = carbon copy

bcc = blind carbon copy

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (3/24/02 1:29:04 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    SURE NUFF a Blind CC!
    Didja git it?
    Charlie D
    I'm not tense, just
    terribly, terribly, alert!

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/24/02 1:46:13 pm)
    "send it to everyone"? Yar that 's what torques my shorts. Miles of headers trailers whatever then Yo Guido, Sal, Nunzio whoever, that ain't me. Now I delete anything that faintly resembles that stuff irregardless(hello Sharlie) who its from