Stupid CSI!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by H-D, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Can't say I've ever seen it.:dontknow:

Sounds like it's a good thing.:rolleyes:
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I no longer have my PS90 or my FiveseveN, but I do have a sweet shooting custom barrel in 5.7X28 for my Thompson Contender.

I guess since it is so powerful, I am going to have to quit using it to hunt squirrel!!:eek: :D
  3. trespoe

trespoe New Member

It isn't just guns. My wife is a nurse and we cannot watch some shows without her commenting on the fact that they are using a blood pressure cuff wrong, or mentioning wrong medicine, or misdiagnosing illnesses, or...

yeah, it is TV and hollywood.
  4. oldman45

oldman45 New Member

Folks, it is television shows designed for entertainment. Like in Ben Hur, the drivers of the chariots were wearing wrist watches.

Likely 90% of those watching the show would not know what caliber anything was and most watching have never fired a gun.

CSI uses equipment that does not exist. I am a court qualified expert in accident & crime scene reconstruction and it takes days to determine some things the show will have solved immediately. Somethings we never know the full scoop on.

I watch the show on occasion for the same reason it is being shown. Strictly for entertainment.

Any show will have bloopers and say things that is not correct.
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I just realized something.. The movie series "Band of Brothers" is probably the most realistic depiction of what really happens when bullets hit a mans flesh.. No getting blown back 20 feet, no giant gaping holes, Just bullet impact the 'slap' and total relaxation of all muscles if it was a good hit. The Movie, "Saving Private Ryan" is also very close, except of course for the wisps of smoke from the 'impact charge' going off to simulate a bullet strike. They didnt hide that too well in that movie.
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
  7. Silencer

Silencer Well-Known Member

This show is a USA Government created show. It was created to educate people about what DNA means after the disaster of the OJ trial outcome. The show is so inaccurate it makes me laugh. I watch it ever week to see what else they screwed up.

Since it's a Government show they'll write whatever they want in the show. It's clearly obvious what their intent was with this episode. Black assault looking rifles are "monsters" and must be banned.