Stupid Enfield question?????

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by polishshooter, Oct 22, 2006.

1. vaughn

vaughn New Member

thanks guys,
    i usually stay on enfield sites but i was surfin.....
  2. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Well DON'T be a stranger here, we can always use another expert....Like I can USUALLY hold my own on RussianCrap:eek: but I'm just starting up on my Enfield shootin' and collectin'....

Plus if we don't KNOW the facts we would probably just make 'em up and possibly screw up the entire known Western Gun World...so you will always be welcome to stick around and keep us honest....:p :D

Like I was ABOUT to claim that the ring was to hang the pot over the fire when Tommy "brewed up" and you saved me from a little embarrassment....:eek: :p ;)

Thanks again, Vaughn.
  3. vaughn

vaughn New Member

when i got my first enfield i thought the ring was for a strap.
    there are so many things to learn.
    that's why i surf.
    and ask questions...
    sometimes get a good(real) answer
  4. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Don't feel bad! When I first got my CRFFL one of my FIRST purchases was some "cheap" (G-VG)91/30s I paid 3/$99...

ONE of them was a Tula, with what appeared to be a not particularly well done rectangular repair on the stock on the left side, BARELY covering what you could see looked like plugged holes somebody drilled in the reciever....

Having NO idea what I had, it wasn't in that good shape i thought, and I figured some "bubba" had tried to mount a scope, so I hung it out on Gunbroker and sold it for $55 and thought I done good....:cool:

UNTIL I finally got far enough along to buy a book and surf like you do to talk to guys who MIGHT know, that I learned I actually was holding in my hands an ex-snayperskaya that they converted BACK to stock after the war, those holes were ACTUAL World War II arsenal holes for the PE oe PSO scope mount and that guys were paying premiums for them to convert BACK to snipers, ESPECIALLY Tulas...but oh well, I learned something, AND made a couple of bucks doing it, usually you PAY for an education...:p