Stupid primer boxes.

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by GMFWoodchuck, Sep 1, 2009.

1. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

Why don't Remington and CCI come up with a better box. At least one with end flaps on them so that the plastic cases inside don't slide out and loose all of the primers inside?!?!?!?
  2. Claude Clay

Claude Clay New Member

lets see--

1) you have primers

2) you are unhappy because of the way they are packaged

3).......................[i am speachless]
  3. 312shooter

312shooter Active Member

If had a B*tch it would be federal packaging they are way oversized and the damn things are in there sideways! What a waste. But hey I got 5k of them so I'm happy for a little while,:D
  4. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Sad to say that almost everyone who reloads has poured their primers on the floor at one time or another because of the silly packaging they come in.

These days it's like losing a close friend who is worth their weight in gold.:(
  5. medalguy

medalguy Member

Remington has flaps on the ends of the primer trays, or at least they used to, try them. I haven't seen primers in a while so I kinda forget what they look like. Sorta like that stuff that falls out of the sky they call "rain".
  6. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

That's my whole point.
  7. olehippy

olehippy New Member

Ever heard of Scotch Tape?
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I aint never lost any primers. I keep mine packed in a 50 cal ammo can and only take out 100 at a time. I keep them in thier 10 box cases packed 10 high in a 50 cal ammo can with a dry silica dessicant. I like the way remington packs thiers, smaller 1000 round cases, I can get more than 10K in a 50 cal ammo can...
  9. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

I have used every American made brand of primers and some European and a lot of them and I can not recall being annoyed by the packaging of any of them. I'm sure some are better than others, it is so unimportant I have never thought about it. Take a deep breath Chuck. Relax. Don't sweat the small stuff.:)
  10. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

It's just the whole point of it. They make such a big deal as to how "dangerous" they are as how they should be stored, one inch thich wood, yadda yadda and bla bla blaaa... How about a better box so that when we pick them up they can't fall all over. Cardboard isn't that expensive. And it would cure alot of problems. They use such fancy boxes for bullets that are totally harmless and are nothing more than projectiles for a child to throw, but when it comes to HAZMAT material they use the cheapest packaging possible!!!! Stupid I say.
  11. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

Yep, smaller packaging is needed for just about all the primers. Tubes or something much more compact.
  12. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

+1 those bullet boxes sure do make great little storage boxes for parts though; I've got spare press parts, collets and pilots in them.