SUCCESS!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by .308 shooter, Aug 31, 2008.

1. .308 shooter

.308 shooter New Member

Thanks to everyone for all your advice. I finally loaded my first rounds of .308 and went to the range today. I couldn't be happier. With my cases trimmed to the right size, bullets seated consistently and loads in 2 - 2 1/2 grains increments from the beginning load (32.6 gr to 39gr), I came away with a VERY successful shoot.

My best groups came from a combination of Hornady 168gr AMAX and 36 gr of Varget. Approx. 3/8" or less with a 3 shot group at 100 yds. - dead center. (I still have to officially measure it)
    34.5 grains came in a very close 2nd with a six shot group all in a one inch square at 100 yards and never straying from the center box.:):):)

39 grains was terrible - Now to fine tune even more in 1/2 gr. increments and then to 200 yds.

My last shots were just playing around and I was so happy I shot a smiley face in the target.... my son thought that was cool. (so did I)

Thanks again for everyone's advice.
  2. AngelDeville

AngelDeville New Member

now you gotta get a chronograph, and then the fun really starts!:p