1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

SUCCESS!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by .308 shooter, Aug 31, 2008.

1. .308 shooter

.308 shooter New Member

Thanks to everyone for all your advice. I finally loaded my first rounds of .308 and went to the range today. I couldn't be happier. With my cases trimmed to the right size, bullets seated consistently and loads in 2 - 2 1/2 grains increments from the beginning load (32.6 gr to 39gr), I came away with a VERY successful shoot.

My best groups came from a combination of Hornady 168gr AMAX and 36 gr of Varget. Approx. 3/8" or less with a 3 shot group at 100 yds. - dead center. (I still have to officially measure it)
    34.5 grains came in a very close 2nd with a six shot group all in a one inch square at 100 yards and never straying from the center box.:):):)

39 grains was terrible - Now to fine tune even more in 1/2 gr. increments and then to 200 yds.

My last shots were just playing around and I was so happy I shot a smiley face in the target.... my son thought that was cool. (so did I)

Thanks again for everyone's advice.
  2. AngelDeville

AngelDeville New Member

now you gotta get a chronograph, and then the fun really starts!:p