SUCESS!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chaosmonkie, Jan 7, 2005.

1. chaosmonkie

chaosmonkie New Member

My damn uncle is 100 miles away from me right now. He went on a 2 day buisiness trip and he won't be returning until... 2 days...

and since no one here so far knows the California law for having a firearm in your possession, I have decided to get off my lazy butt and do some research by reading ALL of california's gun laws (over 50 pages)... but i haven't found all the answers I was looking for
    so...
    I found out that you are permited to transport firearms in your vehicle as long as it is not a concealed weapon and as long as it is legal to possess it under california law but i did not find out if you are allowed to have in it your household... but then.. i figured, if you are allowed to transport a firearm without a CCW permit then you can have it in your house right? Tell me if I'm wrong.

AND...
    "It is a misdemeanor for a driver of any motor vehicle or the owner of any motor vehicle, whether or not the owner of the vehicle is occupying the vehicle, knowingly to permit any other person to carry into or bring into the vehicle a firearm in violation of Section 12031 of this code or Section 2006 of the Fish and Game Code."
    so that means that you can't have people with guns in your car right?
    if thats what it means.. thats some BS

anyways.. im not done reading the damn thing yet so im gonna have to finish on that

haha.. also... i found out that if you want a CCW permit, you have to go through training, some s**t load of stuff, 3 letters from neighbors saying that you are a "good" person, and sometimes they require you to take a psychological test in some cases... wtf
    california is corrupt

and does anyone know where i can get a list of firearms that are legal for you to have in your possession?
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  2. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Gee...... YA THINK?

I think it just means that you're not allowed to have somebody in your car who is carrying an illegal weapon (or illegally carrying a legal weapon). It's just a way of punishing the driver/owner if the passenger is carrying illegally. It takes away the excuse for the driver that he wasn't the one doing anything wrong. Guilt by association. If both the driver and passenger are complying with transportation laws, I'm sure it's legal for both to have firearms.
  3. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Well 1952 SNIPER what was the first clue that they where corrupt :D :D :D :D :D I say buy the state turn it into the biggest gun range in the world. ;)
  4. geezler

geezler New Member

For some reason i just wouldn't trust CA gun laws. :confused:
  5. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

HEY! :eek: Just a dang minute, do I get to be rangemaster? :D

Monkie, I'm by far no expert on Calif. gun laws, but if you can tell me exactly what you want to know, I'll see if I can answer your questions. What state do you live in?
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  6. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

7. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

Thanks SoMo!
  8. Pipskicks

Pipskicks New Member

Like I said in the other thread, ask the gun shops in your area, they have been very helpful towards me, and they will also tell you extra steps you can do to avoid trouble (cops sometimes "ignore" the law).

And like I said before, I am close to you, shoot me an e-mail if you want some stores to drop by or call.
  9. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I may bruise some egos here, and if so I apologize. But I strongly advise against asking a gun shop about gun laws. 99% of them don't know what they're talking about when it comes to firearms laws. In fact, they are probably the ones most responsible for the confusion among the firearms-owning public about the laws. They say one thing, and people take it as gospel. "Hey, he owns a gun shop, he ought to know". Seriously, I have only found one gun shop owner or employee who even had half a clue what the laws reallly mean. Especially when it comes to the important ones, like the (now defunct) Assault Weapons Ban. If they don't even know what that law was all about, how would you trust them to know about other laws?

Sorry, that's just my experience.
  10. Pipskicks

Pipskicks New Member

I have gotten many mixed messages from gun shops, in that sense you are correct. But I have also met many people who were not only knowledgeable, but who also had dealt with a lot of police officers and told me "extra" steps to take to ensure that if I had an encounter I would be a little safer.
  11. chaosmonkie

chaosmonkie New Member

thanks anyways guys...
    by the way...
    so does anyone know where i can get a list of firearms that are permitted in CA?
  12. chaosmonkie

chaosmonkie New Member

"If you satisfy the 3 essential "prerequisites" for the CCW, you will be asked to submit the $175 fee for a 2-year resident CCW permit. You must then show evidence of having passed a firearms safety course. The NRA course is currently acceptable, but there are plans to require an 8-16 POST-type course. Then you must undergo a 4-hour psychological evaluation. You will be given the same psychological tests and psychological interview that are used to evaluate Sheriff's Deputy Recruits. (cost=$150). If you pass this, you will be scheduled for range qualification (current cost=$50), which you must pass with a range score of 75% or better, using the gun you will carry loaded with the ammo you will carry. Finally, you are required to carry $1 million in personal liability insurance. This can be obtained as a rider on your homeowner's policy at fairly reasonable cost (mine was about $50 more per year).
    Alameda is pretty slow in issuing permits. Mine took about 7 months from start to finish. They will authorize one weapon on the permit. If you want to change weapons, you must range-qualify with the new gun. The CCW is valid throughout the state. There are commonsense restrictions, such as you can't carry while drinking alcohol or in an airport. The county has issued about 250 permits for about 2 million residents. The number of permits is relatively small probably because of the cost (about $400 for all the fees) and the hoops applicants have to jump through."

So it's saying that you can carry only weapon for the permit right?
    So what if you want to carry more than 1 firearm..?
    then what do i do?

and also...
    if you have a rifle in your house without any kind of license and one night, when your house is getting robbed by a guy with a gun, you can defend yourself, and you wont be breaking any law right?
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2005