Suddenly There's A Valley

Discussion in 'The VMBB Poets' started by Guest, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Misterstan
    (8/29/01 7:13:55 pm)
    | Del All Suddenly There's A Valley
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was researching this song for a friend and I thought it would also make a great poem to share with everyone. The words make me think of the Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board.

Misterstan

Suddenly There's a Valley
    -------------------------

When you've climbed the highest mountain,
    When a cloud holds the sunshine in,
    Suddenly there's a valley
    Where the earth knows peace with man.

When a storm hides the distant rainbow
    And you think you can't find a friend,
    Where friendships never end;

Touched only by the seasons,
    Swept clean by the waving grain,
    Surveyed by a happy bluebird
    And kissed by the falling rain.

When you think there's no bright tomorrow
    And you feel you can't try again,
    Where hope and love begin.

If you want to see the words with a nice background and hear the music, just click on this URL...

members.aol.com/KayPoe3/valley/suddenly.html

Edited by: Misterstan at: 8/29/01 8:22:28 pm

nighthawk
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/29/01 10:42:34 pm)
    | Del Re: Suddenly There's A Valley
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks Mister S,,,a good piece,,makes me a little envious,,wish I could do something like that,,but on I go,,,guess that is all a guy can do,,

Thanks again,,very enjoyable,,and uplifting,,,

Stan H,,,nighthawk

oneknight
    (8/30/01 12:36:23 am)
    "Where friendship's never end."

Donna

TShooters
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/30/01 9:26:12 am)
    Beautiful, MisterStan!

Sharon

high2fly
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (9/9/01 7:38:25 am)
    Stan, that is a lovely verse and even more beautiful song. I tried to listen to the music on the listed site but couldn't open it. In 1955, a young lady from Venice, California by the name of Gogi Grant, recorded SUDDENLY THERE'S A VALLEY. I had come to know Gogi quite well having met her thru a buddy by the name of Billy Cartwright. Back in those days, when some artist cut a record, the term of "WHAT'S ON THE FLIP SIDE" was a common question. The flip side of Valley made her famous. Her flip song, THE WAYWARD WIND is still played almost daily on the AM 1230 station here in Phoenix. I can't recall what song it was by Elvis, but her rendition of Wind knocked him down out of a #1 slot. You're right, that is a long time ago---both songs had more 'staying power' than Gogi however for I don't think she ever did another session. Wilborn