Suggesting A New Forum Category

Discussion in 'TFF Technical Support Forum & Suggestion Box' started by RunningOnMT, May 26, 2012.

1. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I realize a lot of work went into the changes on this forum, not that long ago, and I sure wouldn't want to make a lot of additional work for Southernmoss, but I have a suggestion you might think is worthwhile. Under the "General" category there are so many stickies for prizes listed for the giveaways, plus things like death announcements of members, that you must scroll half way down the page to get to current discussions. I'd like to suggest two new forum categories. One would be for forum events, special announcements, and giveaways, and another "Memorial" thread in honor of our members who have passed. Just a thought, but hey, if it's too much trouble to do, TFF is great just the way it is.

mark
  2. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I tend to overlook some of the forum prizes, so seeing them, for me, is a reminder to look again at what's being given away. Some folks tend to register for all of them. I just enter for the stuff I can really use or would like to have.

I really doubt I would go to a memorial thread. When something has happened in the past, I look to see if I was familiar with the person, but that's about it. JM2C.
  3. pickenup

pickenup New Member

WOW, I just took a look, that IS a lot of stickies. :eek:
    I never see them because I always use the "New Posts" tab, and don't go to the individual forums.
    Every post that has had a new reply, since the last time I was here, shows up.
  4. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I understand what you're saying but, the way I picture it, under the Memorial category, there could be a seperate thread for each member. We have lost some really good guys just since I've been a member and I miss them. I think it would be cool to just be able to go to a thread and say "I miss you Ron" or "I miss you Art". Maybe the first post of an individual's thread could be a little bio of that person. That way future members can look through our "memorial wall" and get a little feel for the kind of people we have and have had as members. No biggie..just a thought.