Suggestions for Shops to Visit

Discussion in 'Informational & Technical Archives' started by ruffitt, Feb 24, 2003.

1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

drsck
    (10/30/01 1:00:13 am)
    | Edit | Del All Suggestions for Shops to Visit
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Folks: I will be taking a trip west in a few weeks and was hoping that some of you could make some suggestions as to gun shops/stores that I shouldn't miss. In broad terms, the route will be from southern Ohio to Helena, Montana, but the details of the route are yet to be determined. Your thoughts and suggestions are sincerely appreciated. Regards -- Steve

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/30/01 1:11:39 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: Suggestions for Shops to Visit
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unfortunately that's all east of where I am so I couldn't help you - but I know some of the guys will have some good ones for you to check out.

the real fredneck
    (10/30/01 7:51:25 am)
    It's not a store but the JW Davis gun museum is worth killing a few hours in, if I remember it's in Tallequah, OK

warpig883
    (10/30/01 8:42:40 am)
    If you drive throught South Dakota. On the east there is Gary's Gunshop in Sioux Falls. In the west is Jack First in Rapid City. Those are the two biggest ones in the state lots of small ones everywhere. I almost forgot Cabelas in Mitchell right smack dab in the middle on the interstate.
    I am not happy unless I am miserable

Edited by: warpig883 at: 10/30/01 9:26:35 am

HerbyJr
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/30/01 9:20:57 am)
    Fredneck,

The Davis Museum is in Claremore, OK just NE of Tulsa. Home of Will Rogers. It is a pretty cool place. They have some historic guns like one that belonged to Clyde Barrow and several others.

H.

NeoDebo
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (10/30/01 2:19:27 pm)
    | Edit | Del .
    If you pass near Butte, MT, these are worth your time:

Sharp Expressions 140 W Park St Butte, MT (406) 782-2333

D & G Antiques 16 N Montana St Butte, MT (406) 723-4552

drsck
    (10/30/01 6:54:49 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: .
    Thanks for the suggestions. Any more you might remember would be appreciated. I've heard folks talk about a chain store that sells guns, but I can't remember the name. Do any of you know the chain I'm talking about and will I be anywhere near one. I know that's kind of vague, but it's the best I could do. Thanks again -- Steve

warpig883
    (10/30/01 7:09:16 pm)
    You might be thinking of Scheels. There are two in Sioux Falls, SD. and one in Rapid City, SD. They have a good selection with a lot of very expensive behind glass collector items. But they will not dicker at all. What is posted on the price tag is what they mean.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (10/30/01 8:44:45 pm)
    Is Nevada out of the way???? Visit the Colt Mustang Ranch, pretty slick weaponry.........
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

AntiqueDr
    (10/30/01 8:55:22 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: .
    And you can visit the Strawberry Patch just outside Clark County. Not much "weaponry" but still pretty dang slick!

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Bob In St Louis
    (10/30/01 9:08:12 pm)
    I have heard of some department store out west that carries a lot of old military surplus guns - sort of like the old Woolworths stores used to do. I am thinking it was Dunns or Duffs, or something like that.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

NeoDebo
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (10/30/01 9:57:50 pm)
    | Edit | Del Mustang Ranch

shooter22
    (10/31/01 1:25:48 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: Mustang Ranch
    In Omaha, NE there is Guns Unlimited. They bought out ABN sports distributorship and are selling at very reasonable prices. I have been to the store and it it pretty good. They have some serious specials. Guns Unlimited
    4325 S. 120th St.
    Omaha, NE
    1-402-339-3530

Also Cabelas in NE.
    Bass Pro World Headquarters in Sprinfield, MO

shooter22

warpig883
    (10/31/01 8:30:58 am)
    By the way Shooter22, thanks for telling me about Guns Unlimited last spring. I was there this summer and blew a wad. They have a big inventory.

HerbyJr
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/31/01 3:43:18 pm)
    NeoDebo,

I'm worried about those two guys in your pic. They are outside the World Famous Mustang Ranch and they have their arms around EACH OTHER!!! There's something wrong here.

H.