Suggestions to Ohioans on concealed carry choices due to their victory!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Remington597, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

Congradulations Ohio on the passage of your Concealed Carry Right and a victory against the forces of global bolshevism.

Here are excellent choices from $200-$500 based on my extensive experience.

.32 minimum caliber. Here they are.

Beretta Tomcat $300
    Kel Tec P32 $250
    North American Guardian $300
    Seacamp $450

Bersa Thunder. $300
    Walther PPK-7.65mm $500
    Kel Tec P3AT $275

All are excellent choices.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2004
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Yup! Here's mine...;)

Attached Files:

3. Remington597

Excellent choice. Very nice indeed. Gotta love those grips!!
    .32-.380 is ideal. Small enough to carry and a large enough caliber to make a difference!!:D
  4. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Hopefully I'll soon have the problem of finding that perfect carry piece soon...My wife and I will be taking the class begining at 8:00am tomorrow morning, I believe it to be an eight hour course (one day course anyway) She will qualify with a Smith, in 9mm, and I'll use my Colt .45...I dearly hate a classroom environment, but hopefully this will be a little on the pleasant side.

They got any tricks up their sleeve I sould know about? :p

~Crp
  5. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Donnie, Me too!...;) I just wanna shoot!... :cool:
  6. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Donnie, if your class is anything like the one I took, it'll be a piece of cake. Most of the things they go over you will already know anyway, and my instructor was careful to point out what was "important" and made sure we all understood. Didn't take us long to figure out what "important" meant ;), and I think almost all of us scored 100% on the test.
  7. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Thanks SoMo, as I mentioned to my wife, I've been "into" firearms so long that I figure most if not all will be just common sense stuff, but since this is my first rodeo, I couldn't be sure...Welp, got about an hour and a half to go. :)

Amen, SG!

~Crp
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2004
  8. Shamus

Shamus New Member

I went with the P3AT. I figure it wouldn't do any good having a permit to carry if I didn't always carry. This one will be on me always.

I do wish I could find a way to conceal a 1911 but I am not big enough to hide it. :mad:
  9. Remington597

Welcome Shamus:
    The Kel Tec P3AT is an excellent choice, and so is the P32.
    KelTec products are superb in every way.
  10. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

heh heh heh heh

I gotta brag to my people!

I scored 100 on my classroom test...When we got to the range and were instructed to take the first shot, trouble set in, the screw on my (once) beloved adjustable trigger had moved somewhat, and the .45 wouldnt fire...I was disgusted, but asked my wife to hand me her .9mm, and wound up making a perfect score (255 I think) which was the highest in the class...My wife qualified after me with only 2 shots outside the kill zone, making her the highest score among the ladies.

The class wasnt boring at all, it was all information that I enjoied going over, and lots of liability issues that I needed to hear.

What I thought would be an eight hour class was closer to eleven, due to all the questions some people felt they just had to ask during class, and I also found out that Texas has more requirements, as far as classroom hours go, than most other states, but there again, not too bad.

Thanks for letting me brag. :D

~Donny
  11. SouthernMoss

Congrats, Donny! We're proud of you and your wife! By all means, strut your stuff!

Attached Files:

12. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Thank ye Ma'am :p

You wouldn't happen to know of a company that makes any holsters specifically for women do you?

Darla never wears pants, and asked if there was such a leg holster that one could use under a dress/skirt in the event that she wasn't carring a purse...I've never heard of such a monster myself, but certainally dont doubt that there is one.

~Donny
  13. SouthernMoss

Donny, I don't know about any leg holsters for women, but I'll see what I can find. In the meantime, have Darla look at the Smart Carry holster . I can't vouch for it myself, because I haven't bought one yet (can't seemed to find that round tuit) but I've read good reviews about it. If she is wearing a dress as opposed to a skirt, she'll have to pull up her dress to get to it, but hey, that might actually work to her advantage by startling the bad guy and giving her a few extra seconds. And if she's wearing a skirt, it'll work the same way as it does with pants.
  14. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

So here in Kalifornia, this is a long process. 8 hour course HA HA. We first need to fill out the paperwork, then wait about a month. Then you go get fingerprinted at the police station, then wait another month. If the background check comes back clear, in you go for the psychological exam. Now it is time to take a 16 hour course. Take all the paperwork back to the police, and wait a month. If you are approved, before you get the license, you need to show proof that you NEED to carry. ( Just livin in a bad neighborhood isn't a good enough reason ) And all of this will cost you about $500 after all is said and done.
    Limitations; Can only register/qualify with three guns, and can only carry one at a time.
    Consider yourselves lucky to have such a simple process.

--Beagle
  15. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Beagle, Just another reason to thank God that I do not have to live in Ca. Such a beautifull place too...The "need" for the weapon in my opinion is obvious, My instructor mentioned that the mindset of needing a concealed weapon should not be IF, but WHEN...I agree totally. Kinda took me back to a post I made here, just a little while back...I believe most people are too comfortable, the general belief is that nothing bad is going to happen to me or my family right now, "I've been eating in this restaurant for 20 years, nothing bad has ever happened, and it's not going to now"...Well, if ya look like food, your probabally gonna get eat. But I'm not real sure how I would word all that, and send it in to the State of Ca.

SoMo, thank you very much for your help, I'll be looking also, but, have so far turned up nothing. I checked out the smart holsters, and showed them to Darla, they look as though they'd work well with a loose dress dont they.

~Crp
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2004