Sunrise ,

Discussion in 'Vietnam Memories Forum' started by Admin, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Admin

Admin Active Member Staff Member

TYRVR
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/11/02 5:34:30 pm)
    Sunrise ,
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Was reminded of an old game I used to play this morning, rained hard all night and when the Sun rose this A.M. it was huge and almost red. I used to watch the Sun come up out of the S.China Sea as we flew down the Ca Ty towards the sea, I would look at the Sun and tell myself that just a few hours ago, those same rays of light had warmed the hills of Va. and shone on my family and loved ones, it kind of made me feel less alone knowing that the light that touched my face now, just hours before had shone on my home. Seems silly now, but helped somehow then.
    DOWN WITH GRAVITY!

cricket328
    (11/11/02 9:39:29 pm)
    Re: Sunrise ,
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not silly at all Ty!! I think it was a beautiful way for you to feel close to your family and a special memory for you now.

Chris

berto64
    *VMBB Staff*
    (11/11/02 10:22:30 pm)

I second what Chris just said, it was/is a great way to feel closer to family & friends.

berto

Endeaver to Persevere

hope6970
    *VMBB Staff*
    (11/12/02 12:40:03 am)
    Golly TY, wish I could have thought of that. Just having that feeling would have made such a warm feeling inside.

BTW...........

Happy Veterans Day to you, hope you had a nice day.

Hope

SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/12/02 9:47:18 am)
    Excellent point TY .....

Seeing the sun arise was definately a "good thing" for this ole' war horse ....

It meant I had survived yet another day above ground to me after a hellacious night ....

Have a good one!

Six