1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Super Redhawk scope mounting

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by rowdyredneck, Sep 8, 2005.

1. rowdyredneck

rowdyredneck New Member

I've been wanting to put a scope on my new Ruger SRH. I looked at different models but the biggest problem for me is eye relief. I have long arms so in order to get a full image in a scope with 16" of eye relief I would have to hold the pistol in a rather uncomfortable position. I bought a Bushnell red dot scope instead because eye relief isn't a factor with these and I liked the features.
    So here's the problem...the Bushnell scope includes 30mm rings which mount onto standard Weaver style bases, while the SRH uses some other kind of mount. The rings included with the SRH are for a 1" tube and will not fit the Bushnell scope. Does anyone know an easy solution? Either a set of 30mm rings that will mount directly to the frame of my pistol, or some kind of adapter? I found some adapters made by a company called Weigand but they seem so big and ugly. Any suggestions?
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2005
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Kwik-Site makes a weaver style base for the Ruger pistol. Then you would have to add the 30mm rings which they also sell.

Here ya go:

Kwik-Site

You may also want to call Ruger to see if they do have 30mm rings for the pistol!
  3. rowdyredneck

rowdyredneck New Member

I had a little time this morning to look at things some more. Apparently Ruger uses their own type of mounting system which I wasn't aware of. The mounts are offset with one ring being taller than the other. I found a set of 30mm rings on ebay for a Ruger M77 rifle that look like they might work, but I'm not sure if they share the same amount of offset as the SRH. I'll look more at those Kwik-Site mounts tonight when I get home from work.
  4. Dan70

Dan70 Member

Ruger has 30mm rings in their online store in medium and high heights. Ruger rings