Super Titan issues

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by 1guyzopinion, Mar 12, 2012.

1. 1guyzopinion

1guyzopinion New Member

I am looking at a Super Titan in a .380 auto. I understand it has jamming issues but I haven't fired it just yet. Cartridges feed and eject manually, no problem. Nothing seems bent, broken or worn. Thoughts or experiences?
    Thanks.
  2. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

The FIE Super Titan was an inexpensive SA .380 semiauto made by Tanfoglio (Italy) and imported by FIE in Florida. I believe Excam also imported a variation. The guns are known for some rough internal machining and the magazines occasionally need tweaking. Most of the time they can be made to run well with ball ammo but hollow points can be challenging.

Once they are running well, though, not a bad little .380.
  3. 1guyzopinion

1guyzopinion New Member

Thanks for the info. I will take a closer look. I did see some rough spots that appeared to be "factory". Now I know.

Anyone else know or suspect something further?