Support for the troops

Discussion in 'VMBB General Discussion' started by inplanotx, Mar 8, 2003.

1. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

sherry748
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/5/03 1:02:22 pm)
    Reply Support for the troops
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I came across this site the other day and am now anxiously awaiting the name of the soldier I will be sending a care package too. I thought you all might like to get involved here to. This is what the website says:

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Operation Military Support supports all the men and women in our military overseas. We receive names of men and women who do not receive regular mail from home and connect them with volunteers who want to boost the spirits of military personnel. This will ensure that they can do their best with confidence that we in the United States are appreciative of them for keeping peace throughout the world. They are doing the job they are asked to do and we support them for serving.

Here is the link,
    http://www.operationmilitarysupport.com/

I think it would mean something to them to know that someone over here appreciates what they are doing.

peace and love to ya,

Sherry

TF118
    (3/5/03 6:59:07 pm)
    Reply Re: Support for the troops
    Thanks for the link...good post Sherry...If any of you have ever been to the middle east, especially the areas our troops are in ...there's not a lot of things to do to keep yourself occupied on your off time ...what little there is and while I'm sure things have changed some sense I was last there, it's a far cry from our ''western culture''.

hope6970
    *VMBB Staff*
    (3/5/03 11:01:38 pm)
    Sherry - TF, you two are sure correct when you say those care packages are appreciated.

However Sherry, I haven't had time to look at the site but did you check to find out if it is on the up and up? I have heard to be careful as to who is suppose to be helping the troops. I know it sounds cruel but there are unscrupulous people out there.

Hope

sherry748
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/6/03 12:12:16 am)

Quote:
    However Sherry, I haven't had time to look at the site but did you check to find out if it is on the up and up?

No hope I had Never even thought of something like that,
    How would I check up on them? You know and excuse the language here but that would suck that people would take advantage of something like this.
    thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Hi TF! I can only imagine what's it's like being so far from home.
    I like to come here and hang out with you all cause it always puts my life in perspective.
    I've been sitting here most of the day homesick and feeling sorry for myself and I only moved about 8 hours away.
    you all were halfway around the world in the middle of a war and managed, I think I'll be just fine

Thanks and Welcome!

Love and peace,

Sherry

hope6970
    *VMBB Staff*
    (3/6/03 2:05:45 am)
    Sherry,

You Have Mail!

Hope

high2fly
    *Senior Chief Of Staff*
    (3/6/03 6:25:22 am)
    You know, all of you are to be commended---to be recognized for your big hearts and generous natures but also on your cautious approach because there are con-men out there. You know good and well, the troops would like nothing better than to have Fat Ski, the mail clerk, yell out their names a dozen times at mail call--some of those letters maybe wafting scents of Chanel number Five---some with smeared lip prints on the wrinkled envelope---come on now---you were young once too---the ego trip---one time during the Korean War, there was five battalions of Seabees building an airfied in the Philippines--Subic Bay area to be exact. Some enterprising young lad sent his buddies name and photo to the Hollywood USO solicitating pen pals---about ten days later, three mail sacks full of letters were delivered to the fellows buddy---the story made the AFRS and also the Stars and Stripes. I would suggest picking a branch of service---then pick a unit and go from there. Bless you all for your kind and generous thoughts---. Wilborn

Edited by: high2fly at: 3/6/03 6:27:06 am

sherry748
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/6/03 10:36:34 am)
    Hi Hope, I can't receive email through the ezboard system. I have tried and tried to change my email address that's listed but every time I try ezboard is supposed to send me a password to me new email to verify but It never comes.
    At any rate my new one is JCS468@aol.com

Sorry about the mix-up,
    Cool Story Wilborn

Love and Peace to ya,

Sherry

Edited by: sherry748 at: 3/6/03 10:38:00 am

hope6970
    *VMBB Staff*
    (3/6/03 12:32:24 pm)
    Sherry,

Email on the way, please let me know if you receive.

Hope