Supreme Court Strikes Down Chicago Gun Ban

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by CMfromIL, Jun 28, 2010.

1. CMfromIL

CMfromIL New Member

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2821015920100628

This is a good thing!
  2. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

5-4 split as expected. I wonder if this could be used in my home state to turn over bans on legal concealed carry in publicly funded places, such as city parks?
  3. red14

red14 Active Member

This is great news, especially for Chicago
    and it's #1 gun hater.
  4. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

What concerns me the most about the present Supreme Court is that it appears that the justices vote along party lines or ideaology rather than a legal scholarship interpretation of the Constitution.

As noted above, it was the typical 5:4 split and my guess is that the "5" are always the same "5" and the "4" are always the same "4".
  5. lawdawg

lawdawg Member

Kinda scary when you realize who is in the White House now to nominate new Supreme Court Justices, and who is in Congress to confirm them. And how many may be appointed in the coming years.
  6. wpage

wpage Active Member

Elena Kagan will throw that vote the other way...
    Once she gets the nod.
  7. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

5-4 is BS!!!!

The U.S. supreme court has 4 members that voted against the U.S. Constitution!!!!!
    I know there is a little more to it than that, but when it boils down, that is what happened.
  8. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

The supreme court is just as bad as the other branches of government. The supreme court should be free of political and party ties and base their decisions on no bias political BS. Unfortunately our government is so corupt they cant see past their own pockets.
  9. durk

durk New Member

+1 Should have been 9 - 0
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  10. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

How dumb is this guy, honestly? Why would "gun criminals" try to go around a law? Isn't that the definition of a criminal? One who doesn't follow the law?

Yeah, okay. That's why the Supreme Court struck down the ban in DC. That must be why more and more states have been not only striking down gun bans, but handing out permits to carry.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  11. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Yeah it's pretty sad isn't it?
  12. Prizefighter

Prizefighter New Member

Excellent. I figured this was the way it would go, but there's always a nagging worry.

I hope Chigago residents are on their way to shops and ranges this week to celebrate.
  13. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

14. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

15. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Kagan is replacing Stevens, one of the so-called "liberal" justices, so the balance on the court will not change. If Obama gets a chance to appoint another justice, the balance will shift dramatically with 5 left wing justices who believe, as Kagan does, that the Constitution is play-dough to be molded any way the SC "progressives" want.

Jim